Chapter Two

Author's POV

"No." Beyoncé tosses the resume and attached photo to the side, "No." Another one, she skims through the large pile.

"You haven't even looked at that one—"

"She looks like trouble."

Greenberg mentally rolls her eyes, obviously, she's had enough of her pop-star boss.

"What about her?"

"...Do you not see the picture she chose? I'm seeing more tits than her actual face."

Greenberg suppresses a giggle.

"Don't test me." Beyoncé rolls her eyes, "Show me ones I'll actually conceder."

"How about her?"

Beyoncé holds the headshot in one hand and the resume in the other. "Hm." She thinks for a moment, "At least she had the decency not to cake on a face."

This time, Greenberg laughs, but soon composes herself. "Yeah, yeah I agree."

"Put her in the maybe pile."

"She's the only one in the maybe file."

"Well then create one!" Beyoncé huffs, abruptly standing to her feet. "This is getting boring, I'm going to take a break." She walks away, swaying her hips.

Greenberg rolls her eyes.

"Mommy! Mommy!"

Beyoncé was always shown to be the wonderful mother she never was, she was far too stuck up her own ass to care for her daughter, sadly. She attended to her when she felt like it, and most times, she didn't.

"Yes, Blue?"

"Abigail said we are going to the park tomorrow!" Little Blue claps her hands, evidently excited for tomorrow's adventures.

"That's nice, sweetie." She gives her daughter a smile, "Mama is kinda busy right now, why don't I meet you for a bedtime story... say... in an hour or two?"

Blue's smile falters, "Yes, Mama." She turns around, shoulders slumped and a smile that has completely diminished.

I need a glass of wine. She mentally thinks, walking herself over to the kitchen and pouring herself a drink. She found herself to be the wrecking ball, breaking everything in her way. She couldn't control it, she was miserable, she can't remember the last time she actually felt pure happiness, the kind of happiness that shoots from the core of your being. She's not even sure if she's ever felt such euphoria. Yeah, the money was great, the lavish living was an added token... But happiness? No, she's never felt that before, not in this life that was.

"Beyoncé." Greenberg follows the pop-star into the kitchen, holding a pile of resumes. "Can we please just get this over with? We're wasting time just nitpicking."

"Nitpicking? What're you trying to say?" Beyoncé furrows her brows and sets her wine glass down.

"Well you are being picky." Her assistant shifts in her spot, "If you'd like I can select a few for you—"

"Why don't you just do your job? You're supposed to be making my job a whole lot easier and you're doing fcuk all."

Greenberg sighs, "I'm trying my best."

"Give me the damn pile and head out."

"Head out as in I'll see you tomorrow?"

"I don't want to see you for the remainder of this week. Send Jessica—"

"Wait—"

"Would you rather get fired?"

Greenberg gulps, "No. I'll... I'll let her know." She sets the pile of papers in front of Beyoncé and walks out, leaving the pop-star alone with her glass of wine and papers to go through.

"Useless."

_______

"Wait up!" Ellie skips over to her friends, "That was amazing!" She yelps, "Honestly, I needed that night out."

They all laugh, agreeing. "Did you see that girl?"

"Which one?" Ellie pouts.

"She was gawking at you all night! How did you not notice her?"

Rachel nods, agreeing with their friend, Samantha. "She was drooling."

"Should I go back—"

"We're not desperate, Ellie."

"I am." Ellie says, laughing, her two best friends join in with the laughs. "I haven't had that kind of fun in forever." They walk through the streets, arms linked together and smiles radiating for miles and miles.

"We should do this every weekend—"

"Uh-Ah." Rachel stops Sam, "Ellie might land a job—"

"When did you apply for a job? And how come I'm the last to always know everything."

"I don't want to jinx it!" Ellie says honestly, "Although I highly doubt I'll actually get the damn job."

"What happened to positive Ellie? Stop being negative!" Rachel pokes Ellie's stomach, earning a giggle.

"I can only hope for the best."

"That's better! Now," Rachel hops in her spot. "How about we go back to my place and finish off this night?"

______

Beyoncé settles into bed that night after reading her daughter a bedtime story, she lays there, wondering what life would have been like if she never grew to become this pop-star. Yes, she did love her fans and yes, she did love the love that came with it... but she was always so lonely. Even when things were good between her and Jay-Z, she still never felt completely happy with him.

She falls asleep that night, after countless tosses and turns, she finds sleep and hopes to never wakeup.

______

"Okay so actually murder me right now." Ellie bites her lower lip, gripping her iPhone in the other hand.

"It's too early, El." Rachel rolls over.

"Rache. Wake up!" Ellie jabs at her friend.

"This better be good—"

"I have an interview!"

Rachel's green eyes bulge opened. "You what?!"

Ellie nods, biting her lower lip. "I'm internally screaming my lungs out!"

"Oh my god." Rachel pulls her friend into a tight cuddle. "I'm so happy for you, El!" She gives her a tight squeeze before releasing the cuddle. "This is it. This is going to be your ticket out of here."

"I still didn't get—"

"Shut up!"

"Right, positive thinking."

"So, tell me, when is the interview?"

"She wants to fly me out to have it in person... Tomorrow."

"AH!"