Chapter 49

Gonna apologize from the start. Its kinda long. Hope you like it though. :)

______________________________

My nightmare came to reality when I ran into the next room. There was nowhere else to run  so I'd have to stand my ground and fight. Luckily I had a pretty good head start so Gabriel wouldn't notice me go the side of the doorway prepared to surprise him. My only chance would be to take him by surprise. I might win if he was caught unprepared. That was my best chance.

I waited quietly by the doorway. He would hear any sound I made so I kept completely still. I didn't even let myself breathe very loudly. He had been my mentor once so everything I ever learned about fighting came from him. Hopefully this time the student would win.

Gabriel was coming closer. The only way I knew was because I heard the very, very faint sound of footsteps coming. I only thanked all my years of being outside after dark for my hearing. If I hadn't I probably would have never heard anything at all. Gabriel was taking precaution after not hearing my pounding, running steps. 

I waited for him to get into the doorway. I only had one shot at this.

Gabriel's body came into the doorway but his head was looking to his left away from me. I took that chance to kick upwards toward his stomach. My foot almost made contact when his arm shot up. He grabbed my foot and looked at me. I felt sweat trickle down my temple, afraid of what he would do.

He just stared at me for a minute like he was deciding. What he did next surprised me. He started to talk. "Nice try. I might have actually felt something if you were quicker." He taunted me as he held my one foot in the air. "I do have to say that you have been a nuisance lately getting in the way of my plans. Now why is that anyways?" he started to turn my foot slowly. I grimaced while trying to right it. "Why can't you just let me kill the boy and get it over with? Why are you so found of this boy?" he stared at me trying to figure it out. I showed nothing. "Not talking? Then I'll get answers from you soon enough." 

He started to push me backwards. I had to hop to keep my footing. He kept pushing me back farther. It was too late for me to realize where he was heading me until I hit a bench and tumbled towards the floor. My foot was freed in that second so I could fall.

I tried to right my self but it was no use. I fell barely catching myself as I did. I tried to get up, but Gabriel was there already forcing me up. My right ankle was throbbing. Anytime I put pressure on it I found myself gasping from the pain. 

Now I had a sprain ankle great. 

He realized that too because he forced me to walk on it until we were on the other side of the room. I was breathing hard when we finally stopped.

"Do you want to know what I'm going to do to that boy?" He looked at my panting figure. "I'm going to kill him. Oh, it's going to be a slow painful death too." He dragged out. "I was instructed to make it quick but since you seemed to be trying to save him so hard I think I'm going to make an exception for you. He'll be begging for mercy by the time I get through."

 I gave him a glare as a response. 

"What is his name again? It seems to have escaped me. Want to help me out here?" He offered smiling. I kept quiet not wanting him to know anything. "Oh I got it. It is William. Yes that's it William. William is going to suffer at my hand and there is nothing that you will be able to do about it."

My reaction said it all. I punched Gabriel in the stomach. My movement stunned him but I punched him again in the jaw not letting him have any time to react. That blow made him stumble a few steps but I was right on him. They were painful steps but they were fast enough for me to get a few solid shots on him.