01. Apology Accepted

Dedicated the kanya dahil isa siya sa mga authors na nagtulak sa akin para gumawa ng account at magsulat din. (:

Faith’s POV

It’s freaking 4 in the morning and I’m driving all the way to the city from downtown after I finished my mission. I was planning to stay for a day more and torture my victims but Damon called saying that Brandon got badly hurt during a gang fight. I was beyond the speed limit but fuck who cares, my brother is hurt, my brother is fucking hurt.

I heard a police whistle as I neared our place. Fuck, he just stopped in front of me, asking for my license. He should thank me I was fast on my reflexes or else he’s hit by me already. My brother is far more important that this shit so I fished out a handful of money from my pocket and shoved it into his chest and he immediately gave way. Tch. And you call yourself police. That just shows how dirty the country’s people are, they are no different from me, we’re both evil of some sort. Just that I kill people, not just for fun but as a job.

I parked outside our house and barged into the door only to see my brothers partying?! They aren’t even aware of my presence. Nigel was eating a slice of pizza truly engrossed with the movie playing, Jasper was near the bar counter talking on his phone, Damon and Kevin were having their pillow fight and Brandon was sitting cozily on the couch while throwing popcorn bits to Kevin and Damon. I rolled my eyes at them, who would have thought they were top assassins in the country?  Luckily, a popcorn hit me and they finally took notice of my presence. Dame and Kevin ran to me and buried me in a bear hug.

“Amph. Amph. L-let go o-of me-e,” I finally was able to push them and flicked their forehead.

“OW.” The two chorused and rubbed their now sore foreheads.

Jasper, the eldest came to me with open arms and I attacked him and returned the hug. “So, why so early? I thought you’ll stay for a day more for your mission?”

I pouted, “Someone here called me telling me that Brandon is injured. Badly injured at the least so I came home rushing.” I glared at Damon who smirked at me, “What?” he innocently asked. We’re the same-aged friends here but also the ones who constantly quarrel.

“Welcome home dear sister.” Kevin snickered. He’s a year older and always gets into my nerves just like Dame. They are a bunch of idiotic troubles for me.

I came near Brandon – my third brother, the ones who cares for me like a mother – who lifted his hand for a high five but instead, I high fived his stomach which is bandaged. The latter in turn winced in pain, “Badly hurt huh?” I glared at the people in the room.

Nigel – my second brother but probably the most childish – who just finished his movie went to me and chuckled then ruffled my hair, “You’re a victim of their pranks again baby.”

I stomped my feet at the roars of laughter and headed upstairs to my room and banged it loud enough for the people outside to hear. And I guarantee I heard them laugh harder.

I swear  if they aren’t my brothers and just plainly people I treasure in my life, I would have skinned them alive or better yet tortured them with my oh-so loved dagger. I went directly to shower after taking off my clothes to clean myself. Right after my mission, I rushed home that I didn’t get to clean the blood splatters on my body.

After a good half an hour, I finished and got my bag from the couch. I shoved the things inside out directly to my bed only to find it really messy. I’ll have a lot of cleaning to do. I tied my hair in a messy bun and started off cleaning my most precious dagger – the first gift I got from my father.

The metallic scent of blood still lingers on my dagger and brass knuckles. I scrunched up my nose at the disgusting scent of mixed blood from people. I got a clean piece of cloth from my bedside table and wiped my precious babies clean. The door opened widely and I immediately grabbed the handy pistol on the bedside table.

A shocked Damon appeared with his hands raised. “Oh, shit, It’s just me Faith.” He shouted and I glared at him before putting the pistol down.

“Why are you here? You do know I could kill you for joking with me.” I sternly said as he sat on my bed.

“Chill. We just needed some thrill babe.” He casually said that made me point my pistol to him once again.

He grabbed the pistol from me and threw it somewhere afar. “Chill.” “Language Dame, language. I’m not a pig so stop calling me that. What do you want?”

“Okay. I’m here to apologize on my own will.” I raised my eyebrow at him, “Oh really?”

“Fine, Jasper told me to do so. Now all I need you to do is accept my apology.” He said, or somewhat commanded.

“With the way you talk, never mind. I’ll let you be grounded for a week.” I know he cannot live being grounded for even a day. And when I say grounded, it’s not the type where you get locked inside your room and left without allowance, cell phone and laptop. Grounded for us means no mission for a week and it just sucks. No action, no thrill, no killings.

But to my surprise, he just smirked, “I doubt you’ll have the guts not to accept my apology.” Then he gave me a box that I immediately took and opened.

My eyes rounded when I saw what’s inside, “Shit. Where’d you get this?” I held the Springfield XD-S carry gun that I was craving for since last month. Gosh, this little demon really has his ways. It was just released a month ago and he got it already. "I couldn't buy it because the fucking seller told me to wait for a month more."

“Connections. Now you accept my apology?” He asked, satisfied with my reaction.

“Oh shit. Of course you’re forgiven.” I said and hugged him. Dame’s really great at finding guns of my likes. He knows the twist and turns of my stomach that it's easy for him to make up with me. I turned to my new baby and ran my fingers across it. It gives me thrill.

I loaded the gun and aimed at a certain target - the wall. Dame held my hand to stop me from doing my plan. “Faith, we don’t need another repairman come and repair the wall, they might suspect us already.” I chuckled.

“Sorry, got excited. You gotta come with me tomorrow at the firing rage. I need to test out my baby.” I said and put the gun back on its place and secured it in my safe where tons of deadly weapons exist.

I flinched on my sleep as my door banged open showing the image of Kevin. He was smiling from ear to ear and I didn’t know why. I felt a hand drape over my torso and just then that I realized that Dame was sleeping beside me soundly. After our apology session, we had a round of videogames played and probably dozed to sleep while playing.

“What the fuck? When did you two become official?” Kevin exclaimed waking up Dame. I in turn threw him a pillow for the utter disturbance he caused. Soon enough, all my brothers were outside my room as well.

“Damon Santillan, why didn’t you tell us about the two of you?” the authoritative voice of Jasper could be heard. Oh shit, do they really think that the two of us are a thing. Seriously? I rolled my eyes at them and bolted up.

“What the fuck. I’m not explaining myself.” I said and went straight to the bathroom. I’ll let Dame handle this mess.

“Faith. Get down immediately, I have an announcement to make.” I heard Jasper shouted from the door and shut it. He and my others were probably, no scratch that, I’m sure they’re forcefully dragging Dame downstairs, interrogating him.