Chapter six: I now pronounce you Drunk and Spy Pt.2

Jack had come to Vegas with one purpose: finding Chau's hideout. Based on the intel he had gathered from several interrogations, Chau was currently hiding in the brightest city in the world: Las Vegas. He suppposed it made sense. Like hiding a needle in a pile of needles. There was plenty of activity going on in Vegas to keep Chau out of the limelight. And Chau was good at that. Chau had no criminal record. Chau never got his hands dirty. But Chau was always behind everything. After a week of searching, Jack had come up with nothing so far. It was frustrating. He was so close....

Jack was getting tired of chasing a phantom. He stepped into a hotel and headed for the bar. It was time for a little break. He took a seat, knocking shoulders with someone. "Sorry."

Joe shrugged. "Itsss all good, compadre."

Jack sighed and addressed the bartender. "Can I get a martini please?"

Joe started snickering, and Jack looked at him. "What's so funny?"

Joe laughed. "Oh..nothing, nothing. But I was waiting for you to say Sh-Shaken, not stirred." He laughed again.

Jack sighed.

Joe looked up from his drink. "Why the long face, Mr.Bond?"

Jack raked a hand through his hair. "I'll never find Chau at this rate..."

"Chau.." Joe took another sip of his drink. "Chau...That sounds family..er..Ha ha. familiar. Family-"

Jack grabbed Joe by his collar. "Where did you hear that name!? Where!"

Joe stared at him blankly. "Whoa...Easy there, tiger."

"Answer me!"

"Um...Like, uh..." He blinked. "Your eyes are nice. Like marbles or something."

"What?" Jack shook him. "Chau! Tell me about Chau!"

"Okay, okay...sheeesh. Uh...Oh...At work these guys talk about Chau...Chau." Joe laughed again. "They wear stupid green suits. Like iguana, green."

Jack was overjoyed. He finally had a lead. "Where?"

Joe touched Jack's arm. "Whoa...It's like rock or somethin'...You must work out alot."

Jack growled in frustration.

Joe patted his arm. "Easy there, Bond. I'll show you where."

They stepped out into the cool air .

"Show me the way." Jack said.

"Right..." Joe stumbled down the block.

Jack tried to keep him walking straight. "Watch it."

Joe steadied himself using Jack's arm. "Uh huh...Oh! There!" He walked into a restaurant.

Joe took a seat at one of the booths.

Jack sat opposite him and looked around. " You saw one of the greensuit men here? Okay, so what should I be looking for?"

"The waiter." Joe raised his arm until a waiter walked over. "Ah, yes. Hello. I hear you guys.... have the best wings in town. Give us a plate of those, and two beers."

"None for me." Jack said glaring. "I thought we were going to see about the suits!"

Joe shook his head. "Wings first. I'm hungry."

Jack banged his fists on the table. "I don't have time for this!"

The waiter back away, startled.

Joe dismissed Jack's behavior with a wave of his hand. "Don't mind him."

The waiter nodded and walked away.

Joe put on a serious face then. "Bond." He began.

"It's Jack."

"There's always time for wings."

"Ugh...Fine."

"So...Jack. Jackie..."

"Just Jack."

"Okay, Just Jack. Whatcha doin' in Vegas?"

"Looking for Chau."

"Who's Chau?"

"The most powerful criminal in history."

"Whoa...Scary. What's a guy like that doing in Vegas?"

"Hiding. That's why I gotta find him."

"Okay,okay. But like...If you could compare Chau to a Marvel villain, who would it be?"

"Marvel? Like comic books?"

"Yeah. Comic books. Who would it be?"

"I never read those. I wasn't allowed."

"Whaaat? That's stupid. Don't worry, I 'll let you borrow some of mine sometime. I got like, a whole bunch at my house."

A plate of wings and three beers later, the two were out again.

Joe was holding his liquor relatively well, but walking was starting to become a challenge for him. Slightly irritated, Jack started carrying him on his shoulders.

"Whooaaa. I can see my house from here!" Joe laughed, tapping Jack's head like it was a drum.

"Yeah, yeah. Which way am I going?"

"Forwarrrrd march! Two blocks this way and then look on your left."

When they finally reached the building, Joe hopped off. "Ta da!"

"This place?" Jack asked, pointing. "This looks like some old office building."

"It is an old office building. It's where I work." Joe replied walking towards. "Looks like it's closed though." The glass double doors were locked. "Maybe you should wait until tomorrow." Joe yawned. "I gotta go home soon..."

"Is this the only entrance?"

"No. There's a truck bay in the back. Oh! Let's go in there! It's probably still open."