Chapter Six

Riiiiiinnggg!

Oh, my gosh. Thank goodness it's time for the last period...which means, Drama class! Oh, I couldn't be any more happier now. I wished I could be mad at Zayn for always following me around but I'm too happy to be mad!

"Oh, look, Zayn, those group of girls are staring at you like they're eye-raping you. Why don't you go and show some love and get out my sight, eh? Sounds good?" I shot him a huge ass grin and wiggled my eyebrows convincingly. 

I know I'm showing great embarrassment of myself to him, but I just can't help it, you know. I just want to get rid of him, though it's not so easy, because honestly, I don't even know why, I'm trying to help him to not get called a lost puppy because it seems like he's always following me around. 

What was his problem anyway? Ugh!

The next thing I know, which was also the thing that had pulled me out of my thoughts, he draped an arm over my shoulder and snickered, "Nice try, Zendaya. Too bad, it ain't working on me. Oh, and for your information, those girls go for man-whores."

"You're telling me?" I raised an eyebrow at him, shrugging his arm off my shoulders. I snuck a quick glance at the group of girls who were now whispering and gossiping amongst each other. "Zayn, at the least, I'll stay here and while you just go say hi to them or something. Just charm them with your hair, or something. Just go say hi!"

He smirked at looked  at me, amused. "So you admit I've got the charms? And the hair?"

I shoved him to the front, laughing internally. It was pretty funny ― his expression. "Just go and do it. I'll be here and pretend to play my phone until you get back."

Is it just me, or am I specially nice to him, today? Oh my f―God. He's growing on me. Oh my God, no. Okay, no. That is not gonna happen. No. I still hate him, it's just that I'm very happy today so I won't be mean to him.

"Fine. If they clung onto me, I'm making an excuse up which will gain you hate," he groaned, causing me to stare at him in fear. Hate? I've never been hated. In my life. And he is gonna help me cause hate? Oh, my God. This might be worse than expected.

I tried to grab his arm to pull him back, but he was already before the group of girls, laughing and smiling all the way. Then again, since I'm gonna be waiting for him, I thanked God that the previous substitute teacher allowed us off early because there wasn't much to do during the period.

But I was gonna get hated on?! Seriously?! I was helping him out by talking to girls and hate is what I get back?! So much for being nice to him for once. Now I'm all worried, ugh. Although, I wasn't actually sure if he was just joking or not.

After five long agonizing minutes, he returned back with his arms scribbled with pen ink. I was confused at first, honestly, I have my auburn moments, but then I understood why ― the girls wrote their numbers on his arms. The numbers were as big as crystals.

"So... Let's just say you're lucky enough that they aren't the clingy type ― they're pretty nice, actually."

I let out a sigh of relief. Though, the relief didn't last very long ― when Julia pounced onto me from behind, causing me to fall face-first onto the ground. In front of Zayn. And his group of girls. Fuck Julia.

"Oh my gosh!" Julia squeaked, helping me up instantly after she'd gotten off my back. "Daya, I'm so sorry! I didn't know ― I mean, because Zayn saw me going towards you and―"

I cut her off, "Just... What the fuck, Julia."

Zayn chuckled and carried the books that I was holding close to my chest over to his arms and I shook my head to stablize myself, still with Julia helping to balance myself. I was hella lucky to not have blood running out of my nose, I swear.