Chapter Seven

"No, you idiot! Answer me first!"

"No, you stupid! Answer me first!"

"Louis!"

"Zendaya!"

"Answer. Me!"

"You. First!"

And this goes on because Louis is being the stubborn ass who doesn't want to answer me the question about how life was, when he was away. Instead, he insists on having me answer if I really was Zayn's girlfriend. What the fuck? Just.

What the fuck?! He'd honestly prefer asking me something dumb, rather asking how I was feeling? Eh, how nice of him. Idiot.

"Guys―Lou, Zendaya," Ms Tommo shook her head, annoyed and amusement written evidently on her face, "why don't you just play rock, paper, scissors? I thought it would be easier, so?"

"No! That's way too childish for us!" Louis and I both answered at the same time, with practically the same tone; mine was higher, while his was...chocolate-ier...if that's even a word...obviously not, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT. You get what I mean, r―

"Right," she responded, her voice full of doubt, which had me narrowing my eyes at her, "okay, if you say so... Go on bickering. Like I didn't even stop you two. Go on, while I miserably remain seated here, hearing you two quarrel like how you two used to...sigh."

Louis shot her a bitterly sweet smile, which had me frowning at him. "Cousin, challenge accepted."

"Wait," I narrowed my eyes slowly at him as a million of thoughts instantly rushed into my mind, sending me a signal to panic, "wha―"

"You, bitch," Louis grabbed both sides of my head with his hands, inching our faces closely, to the point where our noses were touching, "are going to die of questions. Literally." Oh, his breath stunk! The overly-minty breath he gave out was...ew. My nose turned sour and I scrunched it up.

Oh. So he was serious? Oh.

To be very, incredibly honest...

I felt...

Like I was...

Going to...

Laugh.

And so I did; I literally laughed out loud, right before his face, making sure he'd jump from the sudden outburst I'd given out when I started my first laugh. It was priceless, by the way. This happens all the time, anyway....it just happens.

I pushed myself away from him and shook my head at him, my shoulders shaking extremely hard with laughter, laughing like there's not a tomorrow. "You just... Lou... You're too gay to be... intimidating..."

"Well, I'm sorry I give out that gay aura," he defended himself, shrugging his shoulders vigourously as he cracked a grin, his eyes glistening with humour―this was what always made us close. We could call each other any name without getting offended, because we're used to it and because we're awesome...just like that.

"Class is starting in ten minutes; get ready!" Ms Tommo yelled from the teacher's desk, and that's when I realized that the other students were starting to pour into the classroom; yeah, pour. Literally, pour.

I let out a sudden laughter that I didn't even know I had been holding back and smirked at Louis as he pouted, moving to the back of the class because he wasn't even supposed to be allowed into the classroom―he's a college student remember? Get that in your head, people!

"Class," Ms Tommo hushed, "settle down and get your books out, now!"

Bending down to reach for my textbook, journal and pencil case in my bag, I glanced at Louis, and he shot me an accusing glare, before mouthing me something which didn't exactly surprise me; this kid hasn't changed: You're still gonna have to answer me, no matter what.