happy homecoming

» happy homecoming «

SCOUT PAXTON WAS NOTORIOUS FOR ONLY DRESSING IN THE SIMPLEST OF CLOTHES AND WEARING A MINIMAL AMOUNT OF MAKEUP, ONLY DOING WHAT MADE HER FEEL COMFORTABLE EVERY DAY. But October fifth was no normal day. She was made aware of that when Gwen had arrived at her apartment at eleven in the morning, Mary Jane and Michelle on either side of her, holding a cup of coffee in one hand and her keys in another.

Gwen had made plans for the four girls to get ready for Homecoming weeks in advance, and now that it was finally here, she was more than excited. Her best friend had managed to snag an appointment at the nicest nail salon in Brooklyn, and the girls treated themselves to manicures and pedicures that morning. Even though it was past breakfast time, Gwen still brought Scout coffee because she knew she needed at least three cups a day to properly function.

The group of girls chatted endlessly about how pumped they were for the dance, flipping through magazines, and video taping Mary Jane as she laughed uncontrollably when the nail technician started exfoliating her feet. It was a fun time for all of them, and Scout walked out of the salon with pink toes, a french manicure, and a wide smile on her face.

They then went over to Gwen's house in upper Brooklyn to get ready. They took their time doing everything beauty related, having karaoke sessions as they exfoliated their skin and walked around with face masks on. They blared throwback music, getting stared on their hair and makeup shortly after, Gwen doing most of the work as she was the most experienced in the art of cosmetology.

The afternoon went by quickly and soon, five o'clock came. They were all ready to take pictures at a park near Gwen's house, driving over as soon as they determined they were absolutely ready. There, they met up with Harry and Miles, Scout trying to remind herself not to trip in her heels as she walked. When Gwen approached them, Harry audibly whistled, a blush rising to Gwen's cheeks.