In The Deep Mid Winter part three

Chapter 13

John knew that this was up to him, she'd given him permission, but it was going to be his decision to take this further. His eyes were held captive by hers, what could he see there? Many things he realised: trust, understanding, compassion but above all desire. He was finding it hard to believe that any woman could desire him, let alone the beautiful intelligent one in front of him. He touched her face, his thumb slowly stroking her cheek.

"John?"

"Just checking you're real lass, I'm having trouble believing this, you being here with me."

"Believe it John. I'm here and there is nowhere else I would rather be."

His mouth claimed hers in the softest of touches and then he moved trailing kisses along her jaw. He couldn't wait any longer to see her, his hands slid back to the hem of her shirt.

Alison was sure he was actually holding his breath as he slowly removed her shirt, she was certainly holding hers. Heat was spreading through her body, she desperately needed him to touch her. She knew he had to set the pace but this go slow was driving her crazy. His hands trembled as he slowly pulled one button after another undone. When the shirt was open he slowly slid it from her shoulders, placing soft kisses on the milky flesh he'd exposed. How could such soft kisses cause such a burning need? Alison thought, as her hands moved to his shoulders in silent encouragement.

He'd never really seen a woman naked before. Carol had always undressed in the bathroom and the few times they had made love it had been in the dark. Even when he had removed Alison's clothes he'd looked away as best he could. The only way he could do this now was to take it slowly. His hands trembled as he pushed the shirt free from her shoulders, their creamy loveliness tempting beyond belief. Instinct took over and he trailed a line of soft kisses along her collar bone. Alison placed her arms around him her fingers dancing over his own shoulders in silent encouragement. He revealed her skin inch by until the shirt slid to the floor and then he just stared. She was naked beneath the shirt , her bra drying with her other clothes. Her skin looked so smooth and soft and the candlelight gave it a golden glow. God she was beautiful, he thought.

Alison watched as his burning gaze moved down her body, how could she look away? It was as if he were worshipping her. As a woman, she had never felt so desired.

He gasped at the sight of the bruising from her accident.

"Not pretty I know; I really did a job on myself."

"Alison why didn't you say? Why let me do this when you must be in pain?"

"I'll be in more pain if you stop and so will you because I will I hurt you if you dare to stop now. It looks worse than it is. Just be gentle and maybe later you can kiss it better." Alison smiled wickedly

He leant forward taking her in his arms. Holding her gently against him, he luxuriated in the feeling of her skin against his, so soft and smooth. He lowered her back against the cushions and they lay together kissing endlessly, as his hands gently caressed her back. He discovered her spine was sensitive especially at the base of her back and the nape of her neck. She seemed to love it when he trailed a single finger down its length. It caused her to stretch and push herself closer to him. He smiled at the sounds of her sighs.

"Do you like that lass?"

"Oh yes Mr Standring I do."

She moved then altering their positions so he was lying back against the cushions and she straddled his thighs. He tensed slightly.

"It's ok John it's going to be good I promise," she whispered.

She lowered her head and her lips began to trail over his chest. Not wet and sloppy but firm and slightly moist. His breath caught in his throat.