Chapter One

Christopher's POV

I read my favorite novel as I wait in a chair for my turn in the room. All of a sudden, three people emerge from the door nearest me, crying as they left the building.

I grow slightly nervous as I look up and see the director, producer, and writer of the movie. "Christopher, I presume?" One of them asks. I nod slowly before the leave an motion me to follow them.

I walk inside the room and in front of the table where the staff sat. "Tell is a bit about yourself." One of them asks. I nod and begin.

"My name is Christopher, as you well know, I am 23 years old. I'm here auditioning for the part of Alexander Hamilton, but I'm sure there are many others here for that part as well.

"I have little experience in movie making, but I have been a lead in every one of my children's and youth's choir's Spring Musicals. I have performed in front of a number of governors within the past two years. I have a vocal coach, who has put me in her only advanced class." I say, unsure of what else they would want to hear.

The director nodded as the producer wrote a few things down. I felt my neck bead with sweat,  nervous of the outcome. "Are you aware of the song Helpless?" I nodded slowly, as he continued. "I would like you to sing Alexander's part."

I nod, and take a deep breath as I ready myself to sing. "Eliza," My voice cracked within the first word. My eyes widen a bit in fear, but the producer only smiled. "I don't have a dollar to my name, an acre of land, a troop to command, a dollop of fame. All I have's my honor, a tolerance for pain. A couple of college credits and my top notch, brain.

"Insane! Your family brings out a different side of me. Peggy confides in me, Angelica tried to take a bite of me-No stress! My love for you is never in doubt. We'll get a little place in Harlem and we'll figure it out."

I pause as I look at one of the girls at the table. She had long dark hair, chocolate-like eyes, and a beautiful smile. "I've been living without a family since I was a child... my father left, my mother died, I grew up buck wild. But, I'll never forget my mother's face that was real. And long as I'm alive, Eliza, I swear to god you'll never feel so..." I stop and look away from the girl to the producer.

He smiled and whispers something in the director's ear. The director nods as well and waved his hand. I smile, thinking I made it...

Two security guards came up from behind me, and began showing me out. I looked back at the girl before leaving.

I don't know how to explain it. Her smile, was somehow different. Mischievous. Almost... evil.