Lies, Lies, Lies - XXIII

Out of the silence came the rush of footsteps, they marched determined up the spiraling steps and down the hall, the stomp of each boot sounding throughout the manor. It was like an army storming across a field, and at the head of this army was Master Ronald. The man was in his nightwear, men dressed as authority figures following in his wake. A scowl was plastered on his usually poised face, the rut of his brow dented in absolute anger.

"There!" Master Ronald pointed to a chamber door before stepping aside.

The pack of men in foreboding black attire with gold buttons proceeded forward. One, a blonde, bearded man, his name Lyle Marketson, reached for the glistening knob and threw the door open. Within the bedroom the space was dark, a single figure slumbering in the massive bed. "Take him," Lyle commanded of his men.

Four of the five men rushed inside, tearing the covers off and seized the sleeping young man by his arms, hauling him out of bed.

-

Eli awoke with a frantic start as overwhelming pressure closed around both his arms. Suddenly he was being yanked out of bed in nothing more than his trouser undergarments. Before he could register what was going on, he was slammed against the floor, his face driven into the solid wood planks. "Ugh!" he groaned.

Lyle stepped ruthlessly on Eli's head, keeping his face planted down, "Shut your mouth you disgusting sodimite! You're being taken in."

"What!?" Eli struggled, trying with all he had to free himself. "I have done nothing!"
Pain spiked in Eli's wrists as a cold metal slapped them, a bar twisting against his skin, pinching the flesh as rusty handcuffs restrained his arms behind his back.

Master Ronald shoved one of Lyle's men aside, striking Eli's frail ribs with his foot, "Liar!" he accused. "How dare you tell lies in my household," he struck the butler again.
Eli's body curled into a fetal position, wincing as Master Ronald continued.

"That's enough," Lyle said, cutting the Master of the manor off. "Men, bring this swine to his feet."

As ordered, the four men holding Eli heaved him upright.

Eli was trembling all over. One minute he was sleeping, the next he was being handcuffed and beaten. "I swear on everything," he pleaded, "Whatever it is that has been said about me, it is not truth. You've allowed lies to corrupt your judgement!"

Master Ronald growled, "You call my nephew a liar?"

Eli furrowed his brow, shivering from head to toe, "Nephew?"

"Edmund, you beast!" Master Ronald shouted, his face was a bright red, the veins in his neck visible, angry sweat dotting his forehead. "You put your monstrous hands on my nephew, and you will pay for your devious actions." Addressing Lyle, Master Ronald said, "I want him sentenced to death, I want him fucking dead!"

Eli didn't know what was going on. He hadn't laid a single hand on Edmund. Wait, yes he had, the other day he'd shoved the boy against the balcony guardrail. But what in God's name was this talk of "devious actions"? Did they think he tried to molest Edmund?

Edmund, the ginger boy, appeared in the doorway of the bedroom. He looked much smaller than usual, his arms hugged around his body, hair a mess, and he wore tattered nightwear. The eighteen year old looked afraid, like he'd been in a struggle and was suffering.

Hot with rage, Eli shook Lyle's men off and darted for Edmund. "Lies!" he screamed, "You tell them lies."

Seized once more, the men dragged Eli back.

Master Ronald approached his nephew, patting a reassuring hand on the boy's back. "It is alright, Edmund, I've called to have him arrested."

Edmund turned his head, "That face," he whimpered into Master Ronald's shoulder, "I cannot look at it. Please, take him away."