Part 9

Serenity~

She sighs hearing her mother and father yell at her over the phone. She didn't tell them that she was in a relationship and then she got engage and her parents found out on social media. She was so embarrassed and guilty. She wanted to tell her parents, but between her job and her bills, she couldn't find the time.

After an entire one hour long conversation, they hung up. Naeun came in view. she folded her arms sighing. "Let me guess, your parents want to meet this amazing soon to be son in law, who isn't even your real fiance and is using you to get revenge on his own mother and ugly ex." Serenity sighs. "The first part was sufficient enough, you didn't have to go on." They both sighed. "So that means you're not telling them anything." She simply nods. "That was the plan since day one."

"You're crazy." Naeun walked out the room, leaving her in her thoughts. Was she really gonna go through with this scheme? What of they got caught? What if something went wrong? What if he started falling for his ex again and left her in the dust? She groans. So many things  could go wrong. That meant she had to be more affectionate toward him in public now. Were they going to kiss again? Not that she mind. It's not like it would be a real kiss, it would be for show only.

She paced in her room biting her nails. How was she going to tell him that her parents wanted to meet him and his family? Serenity felt sick to her stomach as she held the phone to her ear as it rang. She inhaled as he picked up. All she heard was screaming and glass breaking. Her heart started beating quickly. "Hello? Is everything ok?" She heard cursing, "She's nothing compared to me! You hear me August?!" She knew that scream, his ex. 

"August? Are you there?" She spoke calmly. There was silence.

"Yes I'm here Serenity, what do you need?" His voice sounded gruff and horse. "Uh, I was hoping that you could do me a favor?" He hummed, "A favor? What kind?" She inhaled, "I would like you to make an arrangement for our parents to meet and talk." He stayed quiet while she continued. "I never got a chance to tell my parents and they found out online and I feel really bad about it. They want to meet their future son in law and we have to make this b-"She was cut off. "Fine then, have them come over at my place Friday at 4:00 pm. I'll send a driver for you and your parents." She gulps, "Thank y-"

He hung up on her.

She called her parents immediately. "Hello? mummy?"

"Yes, what yuh want?" She spoke.

"Ah make ah date fuh allyuh to come and meet him." She spoke in her heavy accent.

"When?"

"He say dis Friday, 4:00pm, come by me and we guh go together."

"Oh! okay den, later girly." 

They both hung up.

~
~
~
~
~

Trey~

He spotted Naeun walking down the street with bags. He smirks and walked up to her swinging his arms around her. She was so beautiful and he had to have her in his arms and that was final. She groans looking at him. "What do you want, asshole? Stalking me now?" She shrug his arm off. "Actually no, I was in the neighborhood and wanted to say hello." She turns to him and fold her arms. "Why would you be in my neighborhood?" He shrugs, feeling stupid, "I felt like it."

She shakes her head. "You're pathetic." She walks off going to the apartment as he followed her. "I also wanted to tell you something." She sighs, "What is it this time?" If he had to lie then so be it. "Your landlord sold the property to me, you're looking at the new owner."  Naeun stopped and looked at him with wide eyes. He smirked. He could easily get the owner of the dump to hand over the deed.

She laughs loudly holding her stomach. What was so funny? He looked at her confused. "You're kidding right? You want me to believe that?" She wipes her tears looking at him. "I don't get the joke. I just bought your building, I could kick you out if I wanted to." She leans on the wall for support. "What's so funny? Are you making fun of your landlord?" She looks at him dead in his eyes.

"I don't remember selling my building to you."

His entire world stopped, "I'm sorry, what?" He started to cold sweat. "I'm the owner of this building, it's my job, have you ever seen me working outside? Do you think I used Serenity's money? Well I don't sweetie, I'm a hard working woman." She snapped on me. "The next time you wanna lie and threaten me, make sure you search the area. Seriously, what kind of business man are you?" He groans. That would have been the smart thing to do. She shook her head. Trey hasn't felt this embarrassed in his life and he has done a lot of things. Knowing that it was in front of Naeun, his pride crumbled.

"Next time come with something stronger, okay?" She waves opening her door and slammed it in her face. "Wow, Trey, you were so smart, what kind of idiot does that?" She was right, he didn't even do a background check on the place, all he wanted to do was impress a girl that doesn't even show interest in him. All he wanted to do was show her that he was more than just a pretty face. Maybe that wasn't the way to go.

~
~
~
~
Naeun~

She covers her mouth smiling, that idiot is trying so hard. She didn't know why she was smiling so much, the man practically threatened to kick her out of her apartment. She packed the groceries away. Why was he being so persistent on getting her to like him? Was there a genuine thought? Or was he trying to get in her pants. She sighs, sitting on the counter thinking. Why was this man on her mind so much and why was he so annoying but cute?

She slapped that thought out of her mind. What was she thinking? Why was she thinking like that? Better yet, why was she thinking about him and all the times she could have pepper sprayed him. Was she falling for him? If she was, then why was she falling so fast? Naeun never had these kind of problems before and it was bothering her. All the men she's been with have nothing on him. They don't make her feel this way either.

She held her stomach. They way he looked, so confused and cute, her heart skipped a beat. It may sound sappy but that's how she felt. What was she thinking? She couldn't feel like this. All men want, is one thing and one thing only. She huffs, hopping down from the counter and folds her arms. She doesn't like him, she doesn't like him, she doesn't like him. She chanted that in her mind over and over again and until she believed it but it wasn't working. She groans repeating it again and again. The door closed behind her and she turned to see Serenity and screams on the top of her lungs.

"Why do I like him?!?!?!"