Books with Secrets

Chapter 1

Lucy's POV

I put on my bridesmaids dress and smiled how cute it was. It's a simple light blue dress that hugged my body and made my legs look longer and my butt gorgeous!

I heard a knock on the door before I said come in to reveal my love. Jake smiled looking me up and making me blush. I've always had a huge crush on him before we were sent down from heaven to live with Leah and Evianna as guardians.

"Luce, you look amazing!" he said before walking up to me and kissing me on the lips. We started officially going out a little after Evianna had been proposed to by Justin and today was the day of their wedding.

"Come on we need to start getting ready to leave." he said before pulling my hand and leading me out the door.

"Hey I've been meaning to ask you this for a while but I keep forgetting to." I said as we walked through the hallways of the huge mansion a few times stepping over the debris from the fight a few months back that hasn't been cleaned up yet from all the stress of the wedding.

"Go ahead." we were almost to the lobby we were suppose to meet everyone else at before walking down the aisle before the bride.

"If Evianna is technically the good angel in the prophecy then why hasn't Leah shown any evil behavior if she’s supposed to be evil?" I asked but before he could answer we were at our destination.

"Everyone with their partners, please," an angel I had never seen before announced. Jake linked his arms with mine and had a grin on his face though he looked slightly troubled like he was trying not to think about something.

We heard the music play and we knew that was our cue. The doors opened and we descended down the steps. The room was huge and white and blue flowers decorated the entire stair case as well as chairs and ceiling. I noticed everyone to the right of the room was angels and everyone to the left side of the room was demons mixed into a group of angels as well.

Jake and I parted when we reached the alter, and not after long Leah joined me. Leah had a light blue dress with a black sash around her waist. She stared lovingly at Nico and I rolled my eyes thinking they should be married already but Leah just has to wait another year.

Although I know she's doing it so her sister could be at the center of attention. It is a nice sisterly jester to want to push your wedding back about a year after your twin sister whose pretty much lived in your shadow for her whole life, been accused for things she was possessed to do, and sacrificed her human body to save your life and the world in a way.

The music changed tune and Evianna began walking down the aisle with a beautiful white ball gown with a blue crested bodice. She walked down the aisle with her father and the ceremony begun.

I looked at Leah and shivered a little. There was a slight vibe from her that made the hairs on my neck stand; it made me want my wings to come out to help defend myself from whatever. I could just be overreacting from all the presence of demons in the room.

The wedding was over soon and we all made our way to the ballroom where the party was being held. I felt an arm pull me to the side and I was about to punch the person who did it when I noticed a familiar face I hadn't seen in forever.

"Mom," I said before hugging my mother. She didn't look a day over 25 with her beautiful pale skin and blonde hair with brown highlights, dark blue eyes and green knee length dress.

"It’s so good to see you! You've grown so big!" she said smiling. I looked around and frowned wondering where my father was, when I looked back at my mother she knew what I was asking before I asked it.

“Your father wasn’t able to come, I’m sorry sweetie.” She said petting my hair.

“He didn’t want to come because of all the demons around,” I said bluntly lightly pushing my mother away.

“I just thought he would come to see me,” I said sadly. My mother wrapper her arms around me before pulling me away and giving me a hopeful smile.

“How about if you come back to heaven, I mean the girl you were watching doesn’t need you anymore so you can just come home.” She said excitedly and I unintentionally flinched from her words. I’m not needed anymore? It’s been years since I’ve been to heaven but to stay and live there? I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me away from my mother lightly.

“I’m sorry Mrs. Marie but I need to borrow your daughter for a moment,” Jake said positioning him more in front of my mother than me. My mother lightly narrowed her eyes and walked away without saying another word. Jake grabbed my hand and led us out of the party into the hallways, up the stairs and to his room.

He immediately to his book case and began searching through his books before clicking a button causing the book case to open lightly. He offered his hands to me and I grabbed it without hesitation and walked down the book case stairs and into a huge library. It was bigger than the library in the mansion and that was huge but some of the books here didn’t look normal.

They had more of an old rustic feeling and some felt like they were alive. I sat down on the beanbag chair as Jake went to a book shelf and began searching the shelves.

“I didn’t know there was a second library in the mansion.” I said while picking up a sketch book off the floor.

“To be honest there is a lot more, no one but Leah’s father knows where they are and myself. There are also about 200 secret passages and rooms within this mansion.” He said tossing the book he glanced at on the floor gently.

“Why do you know about them?” I asked turning to the first page of the sketch book and noticing it was the eternal garden in heaven. The details of the sketch made me feel like I was back in the garden watering the plants.

“I was here much longer before you to prepare for the arrival of Evianna and Leah. I was appointed on house duty and allowed access to the knowledge of all secret doors and rooms to make sure that things were hidden and as well as kept safe.

“Wow,” I said replying to him and the next drawing of a horse running along the beach of heaven.

“What you said about Leah made a good point and made me wonder. Before the children were born they were to receive a blessing from God but since they were half demon as well they were given a curse.

I don’t know where the blessing or curse was placed in the house but I need to find the Book of Abres. It holds the ancestors of both Leah and Evianna which could prove vital information. I don’t know how I forgot that prophecy, I remember it chilling me to my bone but I can’t remember what it said besides that it focused on Leah and not in a good way.” I looked up from the sketchbook and stared at Jake who wore a haunted expression. I got up and wrapped my arms around him.

“It’s okay, we’ll find it,” I said leaning my head into his chest.

“We need to,” was all he said.