Moonlit Love

It is night time and as I watch the endless clouds roll and form shadow-like shapes in the sky, I hear a whistle echoing off of the crumbling walls around me. With my ears alert, I listen out for the footsteps I know I will soon hear.

The cold stone I am leaning against is decorated with a layer of damp moss, no doubt home to many insects.

No one will find me here.

Made invisible by my cloak of darkness, I look out towards the horizon at the small village he calls home. It is set in a deep valley with high sloping sides covered in trees, yet I still remember the long suffering that the ice age caused that carved it. I can't help it; I smile.

A pain in my abdomen twists it into a scowl and I curse him for being late. My thirst gnaws at my stomach like a fox on a rabbit and it consumes me entirely.

Sensing movement, I turn to see him walking towards me, his suit tight against his toned body. How beautiful he looks in the moonlight; his dark hair now giving off a hint of blue.

His strong arms wrap around my waist and my mind smiles knowing how much stronger I am in comparison.

"I've missed you." he says leaning his face into my neck and kissing my cool skin. I wrap myself around him and kiss his soft lips fiercely, allowing his warm hands to slip under my dress.

In moments he is helpless to me and I move my lips to his neck, piercing it with my fangs. Sucking hard I taste his hot, sweet blood and feel it trickle down my throat.

He grips my thighs tighter and a moan escapes him.

Luckily over the years I have developed my bite and now am able to control how it feels; painful or pleasurable. This power certainly is useful.

I decide I have had enough without killing him and pull away, licking the marks I have made. They vanish in seconds and I let him drop to the grass unconscious.

How weak these humans are.

Stepping over him, I lick my lips. That would have to do for tonight.

I begin to walk away, tracing the way back to my home in the safety of the trees, when I hear footsteps.

"Who goes there." a deep voice asks.

He sounds so confidence, yet I smell fear.

"I'm lost" I say innocently, looking down at the floor, though his blind human eyes cannot see me in this light.

He moves towards me and I linger a minute, giving him time to get close.

"Why are you out here?" he asks and a slight tone of authority dances in the cold night air.

"I'm not sure."

This is too easy.

He touches my arm as if to comfort me and I shy away.

"Where do you live?" he asks "I can help you find your home."

Humans are so pitifully caring, even if they are thick.

I place my hand on the back of his and even my touch excites him. I sense his longing for me before even he does.

"Yes, I would like that."

He nods and smiles, unbuttoning his jacket and putting it over my shoulders.

"You must be cold." he says. So unaware. So gentle.

I remove my hand from his and brush my fingers along his clean-shaven face. A shiver of lust runs through him and I lean in, pressing his lips to mine.

He hesitates but soon senses my experience and relaxes, assuming I am older than he first anticipated.

We stand there with our lips interlocked for only seconds before he pulls away.

"What's wrong?" I say, in-keeping with my innocent act.

He looks helplessly at me and I reach for his hand, stroking it with my own. This time he will not refuse me.

I pull him towards me gently, and he gives in, pressing himself against me. I feel him rise against my leg and I lean my head back, feeling his lips explore my neck.

He pulls my dress up around my waist and I feel the rough bark of the tree behind me against my bare skin.

I breathe a moan into his ear and lick it seductively. I'm getting too involved, I have to stop.

He lifts my legs around his hips and I hold them there tightly, feeling his suddenly rough hands rip at my undergarments.

I'm not used to this. Humans aren't usually this.. Forward.

"Stop." I say quietly, hoping not to ruin my innocent demeanour.

He doesn't stop, and by now has managed to rip apart my remaining clothing and is undoing his.

I've had enough. No man will use me like this.

I unhook my arm from him and plunge my fingers around his neck, cutting off his air. We fall to the ground with a thud and I push hard.

Nothing happens.

Why is it not working?

Pushing as hard as I can, I feel stupid. I am at least twice as strong as him. Will I let a stranger win me over like this?!

The man laughs.

How dare he! How...

"I see I'm not the only one prowling these woods, my dear." he says, brushing my hand away with ease. "Shame there's not room for both of us.."

A dark grin appears on his lips and not a second passes before I am slammed hard against the wet ground and feel his jaws around my shoulder.

The pain.

My whole body screams with agony as he drains my undead body of it's life source and I kick out in anger, aiming for his most sensitive areas.

I miss and the result is only him gripping me tighter with his fangs.

Surges of hate tear through me and I cry out in defiance. I could not die so easily. Why did l let myself be tricked like this?!

My thoughts slip and I whimper, my brain losing it's grip on my body.

When would this be over?

The sky is gradually beginning to fade to a dull grey and my eyes fight to stay open.

Why is he doing this? I try to ask but my mouth is numb, empty of blood.

He pulls away and I look deep into his black eyes, helplessly.

"That will teach you for using my brother." he spits.

Confusion strikes my face but does not last long as I lose my vision to blackness, and only silence fills my ears.

I lay still, lifeless. I am the first of the undead, dead at last.