REAL LIFE

(Hi, quick A/N, I absolutely have no fucking idea what college parties are like or something so I'm only writing from my knowledge of a highly reliable source: the movies.)

The canvas was completely and utterly empty. Not one bit of inspiration or creative idea is coming to her head. She sighed and put the pallet down, deciding to take a quick break.

Her phone lit up beside her and she picked it up to look at the notification. It was a message from Lance.

-
Hey coming to the party??

Eh, prob not

don't worry i'll take care of u

will you let me drink?

God no

well i don't want to go to a party with you and alex making out beside me while i am completely sober

I'll have someone accompany you

if u don't remember i am not very social irl

come on he's alex' brother
+ he's driving so also completely sober the whole party

hold up
alex' brother??
like younger brother?

older
idk he's like 23

oh good damn i thought he was like in high school or something

so are u coming?

yeah sure whatever
pick me up?

ofc be there in an hour

-

Val hurriedly got ready for the party. Realizing she had nothing to wear, she panicked. But then she realized, she wasn't really trying to impress anyone and she's trying to keep it lowkey as the news that she and Tom had broken just went out even though they broke it off months ago. So she put on a simple white tank top and denim shorts. She grabbed the blue bomber jacket that Toby gave her, it was one of her favorites. She let her hair be messy. She hated doing hair but loved doing make up. So, she put on her usual night out make up.

Just as she slipped on her boots, Lance had texted her to come out. With one last look at the mirror, she sighed.

"Yep, this is as good as it's gonna get."

and walked right out of the dorm.

Lance outside a beautiful car made her drop her jaw.

"Damn Lance, Alex owns this?" He laughed but shook his head.

"Sweet, right? But no, it's from the other Alex." He answered.

Just then, the car window rolled down revealing Alex, Lance's gorgeous girlfriend on the passenger seat and another guy on the driver's seat. Val could see the resemblance of the two. They were both brunettes but the girl had wblue eyes and the brother had brown eyes, both a shade very beautiful of the colors.

"Get in loser, we're gonna party!" Alex shouted and Val rolled her eyes. Alex was incredibly gorgeous and she can be intimidating at first, but Val had never met anyone as crazy as her. She wondered if her brother's the same.