Chapter 17

Mason

After Holly went to grab her phone, we waited for her near the car. " Mason, " Mia said and I looked at her then hummed a yeah. " Do you like Holly? " She asked and I was taken aback by her sudden and unexpected question. This girl can be so blunt at times.

I thought about her then a smile made its way to my face when I remembered her sweet and beautiful smile. " No " I replied without looking straight at her eager sparkling eyes.

Mia scoffed and slapped my arm playfully. " Yeah right, " She said then rolled her eyes. " Whatever helps you sleep at night, I know that you like her, I don't know why I even asked you " She added while shaking her head and I ignored her then opened my phone and replied to a text from my best friend, Josh. He said that he wanted to come and talk about an important matter, so I replied to him with a short and quick text, I wrote come over to where I'm living tonight at 9 pm.

After a good five minutes, I got anxious and worried so I told Mia to stay here in a firm and I walked to the entrance. As I got closer I heard yells then a gunshot. I, quickly, pushed the door open and spotted Holly and two men on the floor looking mad and were ready to attack her. I ran to her and held her in my arms protectively. Away from them.

" You're gone for five minutes and already got yourself in trouble, " I stated and she gave me a sheepish grin then turned her gaze to the men. I looked at them and felt my blood boil. I was angry. " And you... Get out of here before I call the police and I'm damn sure you'll end up in jail. All of these people are witnesses " I pointed at the customers and they all nodded while stepping closer gaining confidence.

" You got beaten by a little girl, pathetic! " The waiter smirked then threw a punch to one of the men. " And don't you ever again come here or talk about my mom " He shouted without looking scared and the men held their stuff and wanted to leave when one of them remembered the gun on the floor but Mia was there before the man, and she held it in her hands. That girl! She didn't listen.

" I don't think so, " She said then walked to us with a calm expression on her face. She was relaxed because she knew that they wouldn't do anything to her while she was holding the gun that could kill them. She couldn't kill a bug but they didn't know that. That was my sister for you.

" Give it to me kid " One of them demanded and she shook her head with a sly smirk that resembled my own smirks.

" Keep dreaming bitch " She added with an attitude then threw the gun to the waiter who caught it effortlessly. I studied his movements and body language and saw that he was in good shape and knows what he's doing. I tightened my grip on Holly and we watched the men dash from the restaurant and the customers started clapping.

" Good job, " An old man said then they all sat back in their seats.

" I'm so sorry, and to make it up to you, I'll reward you with free desserts and I'm sure that my mom won't say no, " The waiter announced with a smile and the customers got very delighted.

" Mason, can you... Um, le- " As Holly was talking to me, she was interrupted by the waiter, he stepped closer to her and I glared at him. I didn't know why but I didn't like him.

" And you, thank you so much. That was one hell of a punch you gave the man " The waiter said with a smile and my eyes widened. I turned Holly so she was facing me.

" You punched him? How is your elbow? " I asked while looking at her injury. I inspected her arm like I've been shot.

She looked at me with her warm smile and nodded. " Yes I did and don't worry, I did it with my good hand. I'm not stupid " She reassured and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder then sighed. Holly didn't remove my arm and I felt content.

Why was I being touchy with her?

What was happening to me?

Mia gave me a side glance and smirked. I just ignored her then focused back on the waiter who had his hand stretched out to shake Holly's hand. I really didn't want her to touch his hand. " I'm Ethan, what's yours, beautiful? " He asked in a flirtatious tone and I could tell that she was his type. She was everyone's type.

Yup, I don't like him for sure.

I shot him a glare that seemed to catch his attention. He tensed but kept his hand pulled out for Holly to shake. " I'm Holly " She shook his hand but she seemed uncomfortable with the contact so I smirked.

Ha, sucker.

They pulled their hands and stood back. " Anyway, be careful and protect your mom with your life, you never know when she might disappear from your life... It will be hard, so cherish her Ethan. Bye " She countered with sad eyes and I just wanted to hug her and comfort her in my arms forever.

" I sure will, goodbye. I hope I could see you later " Ethan said and I scoffed. Yeah right, we're not coming back here... At least not while you're working here. I wanted to hit his smirking face and bury it in the dirt. I dragged Holly with my hand still on her shoulder and Mia followed us without saying anything. She was awfully quiet. Unusual.

" So Mason " Mia began and I regretted ever saying that. " You're comfortable with Holly, I see, " She commented then wiggled her eyebrows at us. I felt my cheeks heat up a bit and looked at Holly to see her face red and she coughed to hide her embarrassment. I let go of her and walked faster. I wanted to keep her next to me. I wanted to feel her skin again. For God's sake, what was happening to me?

" Um, Mia dear... When are you going back home? " I asked her to change the subject.

" In two days, when Alexandra gets back. Why, Mason dear? You don't want me anymore? " She asked with an evil smirk. She can be sly and smart at times, which was scary to tell you the truth.

" Ugh just shut up and get into the car now " I ordered and she hopped in then I opened the door for Holly who still didn't look me in the eye. I felt a pain in my chest for not holding her in my arms.

" Thanks " She muttered in her soothing voice then slipped inside the car. I got in the driver's seat and started the engine then took off and headed back to Holly's home. I swore that that was the last time I babysit Mia with Holly. That kid can embarrass you to no limits. But I still loved her, she was helping me get closer to Holly and it was working. I needed to sort out my thoughts for a second... Shit.

I do like Holly.

•••••

Hi there

I hope you liked this chapter :)

Always remember that inkitt's updates are way ahead of wattpad.

Please vote and comment and share ♛