//Chapter 37//

Hello guys, yes it's been over a week. I'm so sorry but i was with the second half of my family and they dont have internet, so i spent that time writing for my books. I've made plans for this book and i have the whole story line set out. I would like to take this time to confirm the sequel and that the storyline for that book is all laid out and planned. Confirming too that the second book will be in the worl of the BOOK . Enjoy the rest the chapter :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

picture above is Minho being scared for laya

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkness was soon the only colour that hung over the Maze. I didn't like the obvious silence, I guess I was just waiting for a griever to come out of nowhere. It had been about an hour since we left Thomas, and yet I still felt awful.

I was feeling sick, although I was up and walking next to Minho, his exact words were 'walk for now because if we need to run you have the energy.' It was nice walking I guess, I was still exhausted, and I have never wanted to sleep in a bed so much in my life.

My feet have never ached this much before, nor has my heart. I missed Newt so much, I guess you could call me attached.

We turned left and walked down the long corridor, the ivy casting eerie shadows on the cracked cement. I eyed the cracks in the floor, what could possibly have done that? I've seen a griever, they walk on spikes, they can't break stone that thick.

I creased my brows as I walked over the cracks, I've thought his before but... the cracks looked fake. Staged. Like they were put there to make this place look old, not like that was impossible. Wicked probably wanted it to be like that.

I sighed heavily before going back to controlling my breathing, I don't know what it was. Like the slightest sound would stir someone awake. Or something. I licked my lips as we turned left. Minho seemed to know exactly where he was going. Thank god for that.

Bark was trudging along out front, looking down each corridor before we went through, like he was making sure there was nothing down there before we went through.

Minutes passed like hours and hours passed like knives in my heart, I've never missed the glade so much.

I seemed almost another hour later when we were just going around in a large circle to head back the way we came. I had spent most of the time burning through my head, trying to find some sort of link in my head that gives me a reason to remember the way out.

I know it was stupid, I knew that there would be no way I would remember. But when a giant slug could jump out at you at any second and you just left two people to die you need something to keep your mind occupied.

We were walking down a long corridor, one that reminded me of a hallway in a haunted house, the walls trembling with haunted whispers, the ivy cowering against the walls like they were just as afraid as I was. The cement floors held the steps of fallen friends and memories that had long ago been buried in the backs of the Gladers minds. The constant thoughts saying

'is it worth it?'

I don't know.

We were halfway through the long corridor when a sound seemed to vibrate against the walls, like when you hit a metal pole against something hard. It vibrated up my legs and made my heart beat in sync with the sound of the clunking.

It was a deep whirring, one that could only be described to belong to the sound of a machine. I bit my lip as I looked in front of us, the sound had come from there, only what sounded like a few corridors away. But it could be anywhere.