Chapter 1

Hotch: "Reid, did you figure out the geological profile yet?"
Reid: "The unsub lives in this 10-mile radius."
Hotch: "Good job Reid, let's go give the officers the profile."

*PHONE RINGS*

Reid: "Hotch I will be there in a minute, I've got to take this."
Hotch: "Okay, we will deliver it without you."
After waiting for Hotch to walk out of the room I quickly answered the phone and pressed it to my ear.
Reid: "Hello?"
Hospital: "Hello, George Washington University Hospital, in Washington, DC. Is this Dr. Spencer Reid."
Reid: "Yes."
Hospital: "I sorry to tell you this, but your wife was in a car accident this afternoon."
Reid: "Is she okay?"
Hospital: "She has a couple of fractures in her right ankle and a concussion. Though we are still waiting to see if there are any other trama's that come out over the next few hours.
Reid: "Who was the other driver?"
Hospital: "I don't know the name, but he was drunk at the time."
Reid: "Has he been arrested?"
Hospital: "Yes."
Reid: "What is his condition?"
Hospital: "I sorry, but I'm not allowed to give that information to anyone besides his next of kin."
Reid: "When will she be released?"
Hospital: "Tomorrow, we want to keep her overnight because of the concussion."
Reid: "Well I'm in Kentucky right now and I will get there as soon as can but I will be sending someone over. I don't want anyone seeing her unless they have a valid FBI badge."
Hospital: "Okay sir. I have put in her file that only law enforcement is allowed to enter her room."

*PHONE CALL ENDED*

Over the next couple of minutes, I had gathered all my stuff together, now all I have to do is tell Hotch that Bree was in a car accident and that I need to leave. Thankfully just as I had zipped up my bag the team walked into the conference room we are using. So I toss my bag over my shoulder and quietly ask for a word with Hotch.

Reid: "Hotch, can we speak in private for a moment?"
Once my team had confusingly left the conference room I turned back Hotch. I think he could tell by my face that something wasn't right. So when he asked anyway I got extremely annoyed.
Hotch: "Is everything okay Reid?"
Reid: "No I need to get back to Virginia. Bree was hit by a drunk driver apparently she just has a concussion and a couple of fractures but I need to leave. It's just the idea of her in a hospital and with no one there to watch her terrifies me"
Hotch: "Reid, just go. No one is going to be upset that you had a family emergency especially when we know you'll come back as soon as this whole thing blows over."
Reid: "One more thing, I know it's against regulation but could I possibly have Garcia pack up a computer and sit with Bree until I can get there?"
Hotch: "Yeah, just get out of here."
Reid: "Thanks so much."
Hotch: "Good luck explaining this to Garcia."

I nodded before I reopened the door and walked out completely ignoring the looks my team and the other officers were giving me. Though when I got into the car I immediately called Garcia, completely thanking god when she quickly answered.

Garcia: "Hey handsome."
Reid: "Garcia I have to tell you a secret you can't tell anybody."
Garcia: "I promise."
Reid: "I have a wife named Bree and she was hit by a drunk driver."
Garcia: "OH MY GOD, YOU HAVE A WHAT? Wait, is she okay?"
Reid: "Yeah a couple of fractures in her ankle and a concussion. I was just wondering if since I'm still in Harlan if you would pack up a few computers and go to the hospital and stay with her until I can get there?"
Garcia: "Of course, I have literally a million questions to ask."
Reid: "Call me if anything happens. Oh and I placed a lock on who can access her room, so you'll need your badge to gain access to her room."
Garcia: "Why?"
Reid: "Because I didn't want paparazzi getting into her room."
Garcia: "Why would there be paparazzi trying to get into her room?"
Reid: "She is Bree Reid."
Garcia: "Really Reid, I have been telling you how I wanted to meet her for years. Meanwhile, she was your wife you asshole."
Reid: "Sorry with me being in the FBI people I put away would try to get to her. The fans and paparazzi would always be following me around risking their own lives by following me into coming to the houses we raid or might contaminate crime scenes trying to get to me. I'm so sorry I've been a horrible friend."
Garcia: "No it's fine."
Reid: "I got to go I'm right outside the airport."
Garcia: "Bye."