Elena: Chapter Seven

"Damon?"

I was filled with pain when I saw Damon kissing Katherine. He looked over at me and his eyes widened in surprise and... pain but he kept right on kissing her. Neither of them looked as if they were enjoying it but they weren't stopping.

"Aww... That hurts, doesn't it."

I whirled around to face Tatia. I knew there was no way I could fight her. She was too strong.

"What do you want? Why are you here?"

"Now wouldn't you like to know."

"Why... after all this time have you come now?"

"Well... I wanted to see my infamous doppelgangers."

I knew I wouldn't get any answers from her so I turned back to Damon, who was still kissing Katherine. I walked over trying to get his attention when I realized... They were being compelled.

"Please, Tatia. What do you want?"

As I turned around, an overwhelming scent of blood reached me.

"Would you like to join me in a drink?"

Tatia was holding Matt beside her and there was blood dripping down his neck.

"Matt," I whispered.

"Oh, I know all about your ex boyfriend. Dead sister, missing mother, dumped by the other vampire for the werewolf- turned hybrid. He's quite cute but he seems miserable. Why don't you put him out of his misery?"

"No. I can't."

"Why resist? This is who you are now. Anyways... you seemed to be enjoying yourself downstairs feeding on the guests."

It was then that I realized that there was blood dripping off my face and not because I was injured.

"Just have a little taste. He's delicious."

"No."

"Oh, Elena. You need to learn. Humanity has no place in your life when you are a vampire."

"I know plenty of vampires who would disagree. Humanity is the only thing that keeps you sane."

"No. Blood is the only thing that keeps you sane and there's some being offered to you right now. Here let me just give you a look at what it's like to have no humanity."

In a moment she was in front of me. I tried to avoid her eyes but she forced me to look at her.

"Feed on Matt... and don't stop until I say too."

Suddenly all that I could think about was feeding on Matt. I wasn't strong enough to fight it. In the back of my mind I could hear a voice. Damon's muffled voice.

"Stop! Elena, stop!" But he was kissing Katherine. He couldn't stop me.

I advanced on Matt and just before I sunk my teeth into his neck I whispered to him.

"I'm sorry, Matt. I don't mean to hurt you."

His blood was sweet. It was fresh blood, not from a blood bag. I didn't want to stop. I drank and drank until he was almost dead. And finally...

"Stop. That's enough."

I looked up at her and looked back down.

"Matt! Oh my god, Matt! What did I do? Tatia, what did I do?!"

Ignoring me, she turned to Damon.

"Damon, dear. Stop kissing Katherine and help your girlfriend."

Damon rushed to my side.

"Elena, are you okay?"

"Matt. Damon, you have to help Matt!"

"Katherine, did I tell you to stop?"

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I heard Tatia but I only wanted to help Matt. Damon was just starting to feed Matt his blood when I heard a noise. I turned around to see Katherine walking towards Damon.