Katherine: Chapter Two

I still can't believe I have returned to Mystic Falls. Mystic Falls just seems to follow me wherever I go, a shadow of my past haunting me. However, this shadow has formed into a real thing, chasing me and pursuing me restlessly. I could never get a glimpse of it, but just when I thought all the running was over, this new thing appeared. It was more powerful than anything else I had ever faced.

I spotted a feminine figure walking over to me, and suddenly I realized who it was. "Imagine seeing you here," I sneered, not being able to believe my bad luck. Of all people to run into, it had to be her.

"Katherine!" She seemed geniuinely suprised. "What are you doing here?"

"Wouldn't we all like to know," I muttered.

"You mean you're not hear to steal Damon from me?"

"No, I'm not hear to steal Ste-" I paused, Elena's words sinking in. "Damon? Elena, you've always chosen Stefan."

"Oh. Right," she told me, looking slightly guilty. I tried to get into her head, but she was resisting and her head was strong. However, I have years of expirence on my side and I broke through her barriers, her memories playing though my head.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can take it from here, Damon," Stefan said to Damon, as he took Elena by the arm and began walking away from Damon. She fought against him, fighting for her release.

"Who are you? What are you going to do with me? Do I know you?" She demanding, sending the questions at him like bullets fired from a gun.

"You don't know who I am?" Stefan said. You could hear the subtext of concern in his voice and it make me sick to think that he was concerned about her still. She obviously wanted Damon, and yet he still wanted her. He chose her over me, as Damon also did. They were both supposed to be in love with me, with no rules, and my happily ever after. Forever.

"No. Why would I know you? I don't know anyone here except Damon," Elena said, but she wasn't lying. She thought she was telling the truth.

"Elena, I'm Stefan. I've known you for three years... I've been in love with you for three years." Stefan seemed sad now, and I could tell Elena was breaking his heart. 'Don't you know what you're doing?!' I wanted to shout at her, making her feel bad for hurting my Stefan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why did you only remember Damon?" The question had force behind it, and if she was still human, I would have torn the necklace from her pretty neck with the delicious blood pulsing through it and compelled her to tell me. Unfortunetly, that was no longer an option."I don't know. I didn't remember Stefan until I saw you," she admitted.

"So you pick Damon now?"

"I'm not sure who I chose."  

"Elena. You will pick within the hour so I can have the other or I will kill both." I smiled at her maliciously. "If you tell anybody, I will kill everyone in the Lockwood's mansion, including you. Damon and Stefan will be spared, only to spend eternity with me. Now run along."

"What?" She asked, her mouth slightly agape.

"You heard me. Now get into that building and make a choice. I'll find you within an hour to hear about your desicion."

I watched Elena walk back into the Lockwood's mansion dressed in her clothing from the 1860s. The event was to remember the firing of the church in 1864 and recognize the citizens that it killed. I soothed down my blue dress before entering the mansion and being surrounded by the crowd.