que sera, sera

Part 1: leurs futurs

SECONDARY CHARACTERS

Joel and Diana

Joel is a surgical resident in Ottawa, spending most of his time on general surgery. The rest of his time is spent with Diana, who gets a position in Elle Canada, writing about fashion and recently, dabbling in photography. After months of pushing it on them, the editors published a spread of a model photographed by her. Their not-so little Amelia drives them a little crazy, she is a loud-mouthed, beautiful rebel entering kindergarten. Amelia's godparents are Zoey and James, she is blue-eyed and red-haired like her mom, and considers Elisa her sister. Diana is Elizabeth's godmother, Joel is Isaiah's godfather.

Skye- 33/34 years old
Stayed in New York with her now-husband, Omar, who appeared momentarily in the last chapter, and still hasn't had the courage to think about having kids. She is a successful psychologist and visits her mom every month.

Julia

Is officially a sophomore in high school. The biggest troublemaker and heart breaker in the entire school, she has been threatened of being suspended numerous times but she just laughs and says "there's one high school in this town, and you love me too much" to the Principal.

Adrian

He decides to quit work after Nicolas leaves and travel the world for a while. His financial stability and radio fame allows him to pay for Jessie as well, whom he begs to come with him. They go to Thailand, Philippines, Spain, China, Lebanon, Australia and Turkey.  He loves her and always will, but she doesn't. They know they aren't right for each other, but see the other as a soulmate.

Jessie

Travels with Adrian for four months with Adrian, as previously mentioned. When she returns to London, she sends out CV's to all of London's designers. After months and months of unemployment and money running out, as well as her growing her platform on instagram selling her designs, she is hired by a renowned fashion designer. However, when she decides to want to have kids, she discovers that the abortion from years back makes her unable to conceive. She adopts five year old Syrian twin girls and goes to Arabic lessons with them every month or so. Is Isaiah's godmother.

James

Graduated from business school and focused on his studies after breaking up with Zoey. Works as a financial consultant at a bank and as a personal trainer in a gym. He tries to have dinner with Joel, Diana, Zoey, Nico, Amir, Oliver and Lucy once every three months : just the high school group. After the first dinner, Lucy moves to California to be with her husband. Amir is busy with his work and growing family, so is Oliver. He is planning to propose to a woman named Riley Ellis, who tutored him for more than three classes in uni. He was the first to stand up when Zoey walked down the aisle.

MAIN CHARACTERS

Zoey Willow Hunter - 31 years old

Graduated from art school and soon had her art shown all over New York. Her art is praised for its merge of maturity, heartbreak and love all at once. She is still an art teacher, but eventually gives more and more classes to adults, she never stops sharing her art. Her hair has grown to her waist, she has always kept it a vibrant red & Nicolas helps her dye it every month or so. Laughter doesn't leave her. She struggled with postpartum depression, but healed slowly from it. Is still anxious at times, but has a better support system and she knows how to love herself.

Nicolas Bear Forrest - 32 years old

Part of management at Klein&Co. He is a successful architect, helping to redesign crumbling buildings in Ottawa and in the suburbs of New York City, as well as having his designs praised by the business world. He visits London every summer, bringing his family along to visit his mother. His insomnia went away as soon as he got married, but came back upon becoming a dad.

Nico and Zoey

Got married a year after he proposed, by the lake in Silvercrest, not too far from where a younger Zoey used to freely paint. Thirty guests were invited, the extra money for the wedding was used to pay for Jessie and Adrian's trip to the wedding, as well as Bea Walters', who moved to Australia to live with her son. 

A year later, the world welcomes Elisabeth Gina Forrest (Elisa, for short.) A baby girl with dark hair and hazel eyes. And another two years pass, Isaiah Adrian Forrest comes along. They live in a small house, in the outskirts of the city. A middle-class family who are rich in laughter and love. Nico is the dad who throws his kids up too high, and Zoey is the mom who panics every time her kid's head is in the air, higher than her tiny frame.

-

last thing: soon, q&a! and then i'll stop annoying u :)