Chapter 3

I look in my closet for a nicer shirt. Might as well look nice. I pick out a clean, casual shirt. It's not a date, and I don't plan on it being one. I change my shirt and head out. This is so stupid. When I get there I'm not surprised to see Christina in a blouse and skirt. "Damion! I thought you would never show!" She says happily. "I wish..." I mumble to myself.

I sit down next to her. Seems she brought food. I facepalm. Im such a fucking idiot.

"What's wrong?" she asks worriedly. "Nothing... I uh... Forgot to bring food is all." I reply, removing my hand from my face. She just giggles. "Don't worry! I got it covered!" I already knew this was going to be a long day.

*************Flashback**************

"D-Daddy?" I ask. My little 9 year old brain confused. He smiled at me. "What's up Damion?" He asks, picking me up and placing me on his lap.

"W-where's mommy?" I ask, i've never met my mom before. They say that she went away. If you knew what type of family I come from then there would be several different things of 'went away'. "She just had to leave for a while. She'll be back, I promise." The look in his eyes defied what he was saying. "W-well where did she go?"

He sighs and hugs me tighter. "Just away... She'll be back. I know it..." I looked up at him quizzically. "What if sh-" "That's enough Damion!" He snaps, cutting me off. "But I was just-" "I said enough! There's no need to talk like that! Now, off to your bed. It's past your bedtime...."

He moves me off of him and stalks off solemnly to his bedroom, holding back tears of pain. I sigh and walk to my bedroom. I was never going to get any information about my mom. The only reference I have it the picture on the mantle with a blue rose in front of it. My father replaces the rose every time it starts to wilt.

My heart started wilting....

************end flasback*************

I absentmindedly listen to her stories and nod as though I was paying attention. I start getting lost in my thoughts.

"...so would you go on a date with me?" I start to nod before the question actually enters my brain. I'm ripped from my thoughts. "Wait, what?" I ask, hoping I heard wrong. She blushed. "Would you go out on a date with me? Please..." The sorrow in her voice hits me, but I have to stay strong. I had to when I was a kid. "I-it's just that you actually listen to me, a-and you didn't turn me down..."

I struggle with my answer. She's really an OK kid but just not my type, what ever the hell my type is. "Christina, I'm quite flattered.." I say, choosing my words carefully, "but I think it's too soon to ask that question, ya know?" She gives a small nod.

Of course she knew, she's been turned down several before, like she said. "Ok.." She says barely audible. She stands up and packs her things. "See you around....Damion." Her voice falters and she leaves.

I stand there a moment. As much as I hate people, letting them down was the hardest thing I always had to do. But I'm the descendent of my father; he let me down too.