I Loathe You

A/N:

This chapter is dedicated to GeooStarr for being an amazing fan and giving me the motivation to keep writing. Thank you Geo :D

Thank you for reading and enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My heart was thumping out of my chest when I flew out into the hallway. I whipped my head around looking for any sign of Olivia's room. I had to find her fast before Francis came out and tried anything funny. Who knows what whispering his name in his ear would do to him. I gulped as my eyes scanned quicker around the hall. There. The last door on the left was open ajar and I heard quiet singing.

I pumped my legs and skidded into the room, slamming the door behind me.

Her little body jumped up into a standing position, with dolls limb in her hands. Olivia's blue eyes were peeled open, to the point where they looked like they would pop out. I took a shaking breath into my lungs and turned away from her. I couldn't stand to see her frightened face.

It tugged at my heart strings to know I could scare this innocent little girl. Her father is a terrible man, criminal even. I didn't want to hurt her, but if Francis was ever caught then she would break. I hate him with all my heart, but what would happen to this little girl if her father was taken?

Don't get all mushy, I told myself. Her dad is a criminal who deserves to go to jail; it isn't my fault he decided to become a kidnapper. It wouldn't be my fault if her entire life is shattered because her father was caught. Yet the thought made my eyes water.

I placed my forehead against the door, closed my eyes and took in a shaky breath. Everything will be alright, I repeatedly told myself. Focus on here and now because you even know if I have a future. I had opened my eyes without realizing it and was staring at the door knob. With an unsteady hand I locked it for protection. When my heart calmed, I turned back toward her.

"I'm sorry I scared you," I whispered to her.

She looked terrified, exactly how I felt.

"I'm sorry Olivia. I saw a big, nasty spider in the hall and I was scared of it," I lied to her. Well, I can't tell her I was hiding from her father, now could I?

Her little nose scrunched up and she smiled.

"I hate spiders too," she whispered.

I smiled and looked around the room to get a feel of my surroundings. This little girl was treated like a princess. Her walls were painted a faint pink, with white flowers bordering the ceiling. The floors were hard wood and covered by a circular white, fuzzy carpet in the middle of the room. She had a twin bed covered in pink and white sheets and blankets. The entire room was scattered with dolls and stuffed toys.

She had way more toys than I did when I was young. I had only had a doll house that I never used, a stuffed snow leopard, a few Hot Wheels, and a bookshelf full of fairy tales. My leopard's name was Blizzard and he slept with me every night. He protected me from the evil things under my bed and in my closet; he was simply my guardian. Blizzard was laid on my bed; waiting for me to return, the day I was kidnapped. That's right, he still sleeps with me.

"Why are you wearing dirty clothes?" she asked.

Her voice snapped me out of my day dream.

When I looked down I realized that I probably looked like a mess. My tank top had splatters of mud on it, jeans torn and covered in mud too, bruises forming on my arms from Francis and a bedhead. I hadn't noticed the bruises until I assessed my outfit.