Chapter 17

This took so long to write.

As I post this, I have hit the 24 hours of no sleep, so no updates till Saturday or Sunday as I need to catch up on sleep and work x) 

I really hope you enjoy this chapter ♥

(The song is on the side :3)

The morning after I arrived home, I decided to laze around in bed. I wasn't in a mood to do much, seeing as the place was already clean thanks to my friends. 

My phone buzzed and I checked the caller I.D Before smiling.

"Morning." I chirped, my mood already lifting up.

"Someone's bright n breezy this morning." Chris' voice met my ears nad I just chuckled.

"Well what can you say? To a call from you is something short of a miracle." I teased and he whined at my words. i could picture him pouting and I just grinned, even though he couldn't see me.

"Well. How about dinner tonight?" 

"What time, and do I need to dress up? You know how I hate dressing up." I grumbled and he just laughed.

"You can wear casual. You don't need to impress me." I raised an eyebrow before sighing.

"Fine, what time do I have to be ready by?"

"Four thirty. Reservation is booked for five." At his words, I frowned.

"Why eating so early?" I had no problems with eating early, but the last time I was taken out on a date, We didn't eat till seven at the earliest.

"Aha. That my dear, I cannot tell you." I heard the tease in his voice and I automatically whined, not pleased by the fact that he was hiding something from me.

"Chriiiiis." I drew out his name and he chuckled.

"Not a chance. I'll see you tonight at four thirty." 

"Fine." I grumbled sullenly and he just laughed before the call disconnected.

I finally moved from my bed, rolling out of my bed and landing on my feet. I stood still for a moment, letting my head clear from the sudden dizziness before I padded across to the bathroom. 

I turned on the shower and left the water on a cool setting before stripping and stepping under the cool water. 

It was the kind of shower that would calm you down, and keep your mind awake to think about anything and everything. 

It was these kind of showers that I loved. 

But for now, I savoured the nice feeling for a short time, seeing as I'd have to start getting ready for Chris to pick me up.

I opted for my plain black tank top and I decided on my black shorts, seeing as it was still hot outside. I pulled my hair back into a pony tail and slipped my Vans on.

Once I deemed myself decent, I ventured into my kitchen, to where CC was sat on the floor, looking up expectantly. I giggled at my cat before pouring him some dry biscuits. 

He looked at me, almost in distaste and I chuckled before scratching his ears.

"We may have moved baby, but wet food is still tomorrow." My cat looked at me for a moment before he started to munch on his food and I made myself a cup of coffee. 

Once the drink was made, I moved from the kitchen to the living room and I turned on the TV, flicking through a few channels before I spied that my childhood film Mary Poppins was on.