Chapter one.

I Sat on the side walk. Tears were streaming from my eyes and I let them. Ibid my face behind my hair and cried. It started to rain, but I didn't know I was wet until a kind stranger held an umbrella over me. I looked up into his violet eyes and saw sadness and compassion. He offered me his hand, which I gladly accepted and he helped me up. I stood there under his umbrella with him for a while before we started walking. He eared my wet hair out of my face, and stared into my hideous eyes. Before I could protest he gave me his jacket. I was warm and I held HI hand as we walked. It was nice to find a person so compassionate and kind. My heart was broken that day, but I held the pieces and he took them.

We reached my house which was next to his. I said goodbye and left him out in the rain, but I was already inside when I realized I still had his jacket. I took it off and dried it. I went upstairs to my bed room

and I took a hot shower and put on some pajamas. I lay down on my bed. I absorbed the sound of the rain and the rich black I was wearing and the twilight purple that was surrounding me. I picked up my book and started reading. I was hungry, so I made myself something to eat. I thought about that red haired boy that sheltered me from the storm. I was lost in thought when I realized that I was staring at his house. I started wondering what he was up to. I didn't really care, but I hoped he was ok.

I Sat on my bed and ate my dinner. All it consisted of was an Apple and some toast with butter. I'm not anorexic, and I'm tired of people calling me that behind my back. I thought about that boy again. Everyone else walked right by and didn't care. He did. I don't know why he stopped and sheltered me. Its probably just an act, I thought to myself bitterly. The bullies at my school have an initiation where you have to be nice to me in order to be with them. Again, it's an act. They seem nice, but they stab you in the back. I don't want to seem weak, but I'm a sensitive and unpredictable person. One wrong word or sentence and I'll be crying. I kept think about why I held his hand. I don't know why, but around him I felt safe. I could feel the energy

inside him. My guess was that he was a strong leader and a great one. I would follow him everywhere, I thought to myself, yeah... until he leaves me like someone else did today. I felt pain thinking about what happened, so I took out my brush markers and drew all over my arms.

I drew butterflies, flowers, snowflakes, trees, hearts, random designs, anything I could think of. On the left upper part of my shoulder, I drew a perfect pair of purple eyes. They were the eyes of the boy that sheltered me. I drew a picture of him above my heart. I was no longer filled with pain, just confusion. I started thinking about him again. I was thinking long and hard about his eyes, his hair, The way his jacket smelled. It carried his sent and it was sweet. I drank in his sweet scent and felt calm and relaxed. I carried dishes down to the kitchen. After that, I brushed my teeth and got ready for bed. I crawled underneath the silk blankets and fell asleep with the boy that sheltered me on my mind.