Mobster!Vito: Doing Business

You stared out into the crowd of people as you wiped down the bar of the speakeasy you worked at. Prohibition was in act, so people had to come to places like your secret bar to get their fix of alcohol. Although your choice of career was a crime, it meant you got to meet some interesting people. From your friend, famous designer Coco Chanel to the mobster that sold you your booze, Al Capone, you had connections.

Speaking of mobsters like Capone, you had been hearing rumors about a new guy in town, who was apparently gaining major turf. You heard he was clever and had a quick tongue, and the ladies told you he was quite a looker. Maybe someday you'd meet this mysterious fella...

Little did you know, you wouldn't need to wait long. The man you'd been hearing so much about had been hearing about you too. See, you ran the best speakeasy this side of the Mississippi, and he was interested in the business. Plus, he heard you weren't too bad looking yourself. He had decided to visit your little location to make out if he had any potential of swiping some more cash from the notorious Capone. He entered your speakeasy with a few beefy members of his crew, and almost instantly the crowd silenced from a normal chatter to excited whispers. You heard a few.

"Oh my gosh, it's him!"

"What's he doing here?"

"Isn't he pretty?"

"I love his hair!"

You were confused. Who were they talking about? Was it the man you had been hearing about? The newbie? You kind of hoped so, you desperately wanted to satisfy your curiosity. You watched from behind the bar as the crowd shifted for someone making their way towards you. Soon they reached the end of the crowd and your eyes widened as you saw him for the first time. He was wearing a crisp black suit with thin white stripes. He wore a matching hat on his head, too. He also had a teal tie made of what you thought to be silk tied in a Windsor knot around his neck. But you especially couldn't help but stare at his dark complected face. He had a look of confidence that made you trust him. He smiled at you and you noticed he had a gap in the front of his teeth. You thought it was kinda cute.

"Pardon me, but you wouldn't happen to know who runs this establishment?"

"Well, that'd be me," you replied.

"What's a looker like you doin' workin'? Someone who looks like you should be up on the silver screen," he flirted

You blushed but stood your ground. "Flattery ain't gonna get you far mister," you said and gestured to the row of stools. "What'd you come for."

"Not fallin' for the charm, eh? That's admirable. I'm Vito Sorrentino, whaddya you go by?"

"Name's (y/n) (l/n)," you told him. "And I like to think I'm pretty clever."

"Well if that's true, you'll be doin' business with me by the end of the night."

"What's that supposed to mean?" you asked, and he smiled again, revealing that gap in his teeth.

"I came here to make you a business proposal. You got somewhere we can negotiate?"

You considered for a moment but decided to hear the handsome man out. You motioned to one of the waitresses, Emma, and motioned for her to take over at the bar.

"Follow me," you told Vito. He told his bodyguards to stay behind.

You lead him to one of the back rooms of the speakeasy. When you both entered, he removed his hat. His hair underneath was slicked back and shined in the light.

"(y/n), I'd like to do business with you."

"What does that mean, exactly?"

"You sell from Capone, yeah?"

"I do," you answered.

"I think you should sell for me instead."

"Why's that, may I ask?" You queried, stepping closer to Vito. He stepped closer in retaliation.

"Capone has almost everyone out on him, and everyone, fuzz and all, know what he's doin'," Vito told you smoothly. "You don't want your name in his books when he goes down, do ya?"

"Go on..."

"Nobody knows my name now, so nobody's gonna wanna touch me. If I supply to you, you're much less likely to get busted."

"I dunno about not wanting to touch you," you thought to yourself.

"Oh really?" he asked. Shit, had you said it out loud? "Well, that can be worked into our agreement, I suppose," he offered, and you blushed a deep crimson. Might as well play along, you've gotten this far and you weren't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. You stepped closer once again and grabbed his tie.

"It's a deal then," you whispered and pulled him with his tie into a kiss. He placed his hand in your hair and deepened the kiss. After a moment he pulled away and looked into your eyes, his chocolate ones shining. He smirked, and you smirked back too. You knew you were getting quite a deal with this arrangement.

**6 YEARS LATER**

Soon after you met and began your relationship, Vito's profit began to skyrocket. Soon you were both running the most profitable booze business in the country. Keeping his guarantee of safety to you, though, you two decided to take the money and run, eloping to Europe where you would stay safe from the law.

"How was the honeymoon, (Mrs./Mr.) Sorrentino?" Vinny, your new husband's top bodyguard asked.

"It was wonderful, Vinny, thanks," you answered. "Do you know where my husband is?" you asked.

"He's on the balcony. You should join him," Vinny suggested, and you did.

"Vito, baby, you up here?" you called.

"Yeah, (y/n), come join me out here." You smiled and walked past the flowing curtains to join your husband on the balcony. He was gazing at the view of the valley your new home overlooked. You approached the fence on his right and leaned into him.

"How's my love (y/n) doing?" He asked and wrapped his arm around you.

"As long as I'm with you, I'm feeling good," you told him as you reached for his left hand. You held it with your left hand and gazed lovingly at your rings. You looked up to your husband and saw him gazing lovingly at you. The two of you were set for life, ready to live it together.