Kit

Kit Herondale was having trouble with his eyesight. That was the only explanation for his having seen the signature golden looks of his only living relative and his redheaded girlfriend appear on the dias, run around the bodies, and then vanish, exactly in the spot Annabel Blackthorn had just before chaos erupted between the Cohort and the other Shadowhunters.

He kept crouching over Ty, until Emma and Julian picked up Livia's body, and began moving back through the screaming chaos of the Accords hall.

Ty moaned and tried sitting up, his hands reaching in the direction of his twin as Emma whirled Cortana, and in a terrifying show of skill, she swept the arm off a Cohort member still trying to fight, after that lightshow Dru had put on. 

Kit had nearly wet himself when she screamed, and would have, probably, except he'd caught Ty and been too concerned with not letting his skull crack on the marble floors of the Hall.

   He'd not been sure, but when she'd swept through the hatefilled Cohort and left some eighty percent of them blubbering in fear,he would have sworn wings soared up from her shoulders as she brought her adamas to bear. 
Trained Shadowhunters, all of them, scared of a softly rounded girl.  Dad was right when he said Shadowhunters weren't worth their trouble.
Kit quit trying to kid himself.  Drusilla Blackthorn now officially scared him witless, and he was damn sure that every other person in the Hall was currently trying  that, kid themselves out of believing a physically unintimidating girl had just sprouted wings and a glowy aura of white light. 

Dru shouted, and the manic grin was back on her face as she skidded on the slick floor, taking her trajectory too fast and low for stopping. "Get him up, Kit! Move!"
She swept the hand holding the knife under her big brother's upraised  shoulder and got her legs under her to begin hefting him up, trying to keep one arm free for fighting as Ty's body sagged at her opposite side, jerking her off-balance enough to stagger. 

As Kit leapt to assist, she righted herself, and Kit swore he saw a wing dip and sway, balancing the Blackthorn kids before he got his shoulder under Ty's and they began running through the milling, terrified crowd. I've really got to find an optometrist before much more of this.

Kit noticed that the screaming was dying down, and knew it was only minutes before the Hall was restored enough to entrap them. "Faster, Dru. Run, Ty!"

Clumsily, Ty brought his legs forward and the momentum released by them no longer dragging sent them careening through the crowd and through the doors just behind Emma, and Julian, with his terrible burden.

Ty started sobbing, deep, huge breaths, but no tears came to his eyes. Drusilla's eyes were streaming, but she didn't cry, not really. She remained absolutely silent, the terrific grin of grief still broad on her face, even when she spoke over Ty's bowed head to Kit. "Behind Diana's Arrow. We have to meet up there. We can't follow Jules and Emma, we have to split up."

Kit understood instantly, and they barreled past the others as if not recognizing them, their feet heading for the alley without conscious effort.

    ○○○○
The light of one of Clary's Portals lit up the alley behind Diana's Arrow, as the two groups of Blackthorn kids raced toward it. Ty had got his feet fully back and was desperately trying to reach Julian and Livvy, and Kit let him go.
Dru shot him a nasty look, and he shrugged at her. He'd run anyway, it wasn't like holding him back was going to do anything.
That eerie aura around her was still there, but dampened, as though she were too exhausted to keep it at  full potentcy. Kit was glad, because he wasn't sure if she could turn it back up or not, and he still hadn't gotten used to seeing her as scary.

Julian carried Livvy directly through the Portal, as Emma paused and beckoned them to hurry.  Ty crashed past her, intent only on his twin, and Dru brought up their rear.  He went through, the sound of Idris fading into the deathly stillness of the Los Angeles Institute.

Dru came through and Emma, and the Portal blinked out.  Kit  blinked, looking around. Where Julian knelt, cradling Livvy. Where Ty slumped next to them, one hand almost-but-not-quite touching her body, as it the empty, still shell of his sister was too precious a relic to engender it.

Kit nearly leapt out of his skin when she inhaled. "What the!"

Ty scrambled back and over her, and Julian's shoulders heaved with his sobbing sigh of relief.

Emma dropped Cortana and sprang for Julian as he seemed to melt over his sister. Catching him by his sleeve, she gently pulled him to his side, leaving him curled around her as though the girl was an infant and he the tired, protective father, keeping the terrors of a nightmare away.

Drusilla seemed to droop where she stood, blades singing as she allowed her arms to come down from their ready stance, and Kit decided that he might want to catch her before her  cranium smacked dirt. Catching Blackthorns before they bust their skulls and lose what brain cells left to them.. this might be a great hobby. 

He strode over to her, and taking the adamas blades from her and helping her sit down, he eased himself down next to her and stared blankly at the the collected Blackthorns, counting.  "Where's Tavvy?"

Emma didn't turn from facing Julian. "Helen and Aline were going to take to him from Diana after the Clave met."

"So... he's still in Idris?"

She shrugged. "Probably inside the Penhallow estate by now. Helen and Aline left the Hall before us. Pretty sure Aline was dragging her away. Last thing she needed to do was have her wife on trial for being half-faerie and fighting Shadowhunters. "

Julian seemed to grow wider, older, as he sat up, bringing Livvy's head onto his lap, the mantle of father-brother settling firmly back onto him. "And he stays in Idris. Aline's mother can protect him from most of the backlash of Annabel's escape and... the riot with the Cohort. If he's here with us in Los Angeles, we'll be too worried with keeping him safe and split too thin to watch out for him."

He sighed, petting the dark head of hair back into some semblance of order in in lap. "And we have too many things to do as it is. We have to find Livvy's soul, and Annabel, and figure out how to bring Livvy back."

His head came up as Emma touched his nape, and Kit, despite everything going on, felt his eyebrows climb to his hairline. That was way more intimate than he'd seen them get before, but maybe it was  parabatai thing. And maybe little pink bunnies grow faerie wings and fly.  Whatever it was, he was not going to draw attention to it now. 

He noticed Drusilla's eyes lingering on the pair and felt oddly gratified on his assessment.  She would know whether or not it was common among other parabatai. He'd ask her once they weren't in the same room as Julian and Emma. "So what do we do first?"

Julian flicked his eyes toward Ty. "We find where Livvy's soul is."

Ty finally  touched his twin. "I.. I don't know where she'd be, Jules."

His brother's shoulders sagged for a moment. "It's okay, Ty. We'll just have to remember her favorite places and check there."

Drusilla's head came up. "I bet I can find her."

Everyone swung their eyes to her. Emma broke the sudden silence. "How?"

Dru shrugged. "I felt her die. I guess .. I mean, I felt her soul leave. I bet if I get close enough to where it is, I can feel it again and find it."

This time, even Ty's eyes stayed glued to his baby sister.
"Where do you think it could be?"