Matt's P.O.V

"Matt, I can't believe you said that to your own son..." Brian says. He is shocked and I don't blame him. I've told him everything and as I expected he is being completely honest.

"Brian I know! I've fucked up big time.River is probably never going to talk to me again!" I sob. I haven't stopped crying since Val stormed off to her mothers and that was at least two hours ago.

"Well everything with Val will be OK. But you're right when you say River may never speak to you again... but Matt there is still that possibility that he will. You just have to prove to him how much he means to you" Brian takes a swig of his beer before he continues, "Do something that you know will mean something to him."

I sigh and scratch my head. River isn't that kind of guy.

"I don't think River will like anything like that. He just doesn't seem interested in stuff like that... Ya know?"

"Yea Matt I do but you never know. He could just be hiding his true feelings cause you know,now, he is really good at that." Brian points to my black puffy eye.

"Yea I guess you're right. but what could River possibly love more than anything."

Both Brian and I sit for awhile thinking. I could buy him a car... no he wouldn't fall for it. I could buy him a house.... no still would hate me. I could buy him a prostitute.

"You could buy him a prostitute!" Brian says at the same time I think it. I smile for the first time in what feels like months.

River loves tattoos and he always says that I never have a tattoo to represent him.

"Well River loves tattoos...." I say slowly as I look at Brian. A smile appears on his face.

"Well then you better start thinking of some awesome tattoo ideas!"

*1 hour later*

"THAT'S IT!!" Brian yells as he stares at my crappy drawing of a small stream growing into a huge river that has instead of fish, musical notes jumping out if the water. River is written underneath it and the river has a stormy section with some lyrics from Crimson Day off Hail To The King. But storms won't last, they clear the air, for something knew, the sun came out and brought you through.

"That's awesome man! He'll love it!" Brian smiles. I hope so.

" Let's go to town and get this done!" I smile as we jump up and down and run to my car.