Chapter 3 - School

Chapter 3 - School

Beau POV

It's been over an hour since I saw that girl behind the tree trunk and I'm still with her, reading through Twitter and news articles. All about me. I feel so guilty. This is all my fault. She looks at her phone to check the time and she sighs. She shuts her laptop and stands up to, I guess, home.

 I'm doubting if I should go with her.. Well, I have nowhere else to go, so why not. It's not like she can see me or something. She starts walking away and I follow her quickly.

 ***

Ten minutes later we arrive at her house, so my guess was right. "Hailey, darling, is that you?" I hear a women say loudly as we walk inside. "Yes, mom." She calls back and with a sigh she puts her laptop on the table. So her name is Hailey, okay.

 "Where were you?" A man, I assume her dad, snaps at her. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion as why he snaps at her. "I-I was making homework in t-the park." She stutters, looking at her shoes. "Whatever. From now on you're making your homework here, at home, not in the park. Do you understand?" Her dad hissed with narrowed eyes. He looks so angry with her, where did that came from?

 "Yes, dad." She says quietly. "Good." He nods while he focuses his attention back to the news paper in his hands. I'm just standing there, looking at what just happened. I don't understand any of it.

 ***

After dinner Hailey went to her room quickly. She is currently lying in bed writing in her diary. I'm lying next to her since she has a double bed. I can't see what she's writing but as soon as she shoves the little book to the side to make space for her laptop I have a perfectly view on what she just wrote.

 Dear Diary,

I got the worst news today, Beau is missing.. The guys said in a twitcam that he's already missing for two whole days! This can't be real, this must be a nightmare or something. But that isn't the only bad thing that happened. Kyle, Marissa and the rest of their clique bullied me more than normal, because I heard about Beau's missing while I was in my last class of today. They were laughing and making fun of me. So after school I immediately went to the park and I cried my heart out. But that's not all, when I came home my dad was angry with me.. again. He isn't my real dad of course, but he's the only dad figure I've had in my life and he hates me. I don't know what to do anymore with my life. I feel so alone and empty after everything that's happening in my life right now. I'm going to sleep now. You're my only support I have left..

 If I heard my heart breaking before, than I don’t know what this is. I have tears streaming down my face. I feel so bad for her… What can I do to help her?

 Hailey shuts her laptop and puts it on the ground along with her diary. She switches her light off and crawls into the sheets of her bed. I still lay next to her and I study her face. She's a beautiful girl. [A/N: Just imagine what you want :)] She looks so peacefully asleep and I stroke her hair.

 When I wake up the next morning I see Hailey getting ready for school. She is dressing so I turn around. I don't want to look at her, that's disrespectful even when she doesn’t know I'm here. It'd be creep ya know?

 I still wear my clothes from yesterday so I don't have to change. She walks downstairs and I follow her while rubbing my eyes. "I'm going to school, bye mom." She says to her mom who's sitting at the kitchen table. "Bye." She says quickly looking up.

 ***

Hailey sits alone in class so I decide to just sit next to her. It's been a while since I've been in school. Hailey barely says a word throughout the whole day and I just follow her wherever she goes. A few people said some mean things to her but she just ignored it. People were also saying things about me to her because they know she's a fan of us. I can't believe people can be so mean to an innocent girl like her.

 Luckily, school is almost over and I walk with Hailey to her locker. I see a girl and a boy walking over towards us. They stop in front of Hailey and cough to get her attention. She turns around and I see her tense up.

 "Is that Brook kid still missing?" The girl says with a evil smirk on her face. I already hate her. Hailey ignores her and turns back around to her locker, grabbing a book. "I asked you something." The girl says while splashing her drink all over Hailey. I watch with wide eyes to what's happening in front of me. How could she..?

 Hailey gasps and turns around with an angry look on her face. "Why did you do that?!" She hisses. "You ignored me." The girl says shrugging while the boy next to her can't stop laughing. A few people in the hallway are also laughing at Hailey and I feel so bad for her. Why the fuck would she throw her drink over Hailey?! I can't believe this shit. As soon as I'm visible again I let that motherfucker pay for what she did to Hailey.

 "You got something in your hair, sweetheart." The guy says while laughing hysterically. I raise my eyebrows at him in disbelief. He didn't… I jump on him but he doesn't move an inch. I beat him a few times but he still didn't move. He can't see, nor feel anything I do to him. It has no effect.

 Hailey hasn't said anything and the girl and the boy walk away laughing while Hailey storms out of the school. I quickly follow her with my fists balled out of anger.

 As soon as we get back to her house she runs inside while I follow her. "What happened to you?" My dad, or should I say step-dad, laughs. Hailey narrows her eyes at me and then runs up the stairs to her room.

 She let herself fall on her bed with her head buried in her pillow. I hear her soft sobs and I hurry towards her. I put my arm on her back for as long as she needs it. I mumble a few reassuring words to her but she doesn't hear me. I sigh. I wish I could help her.

---

I hope you guys like my story so far. There's a lot more to come and I can't wait to write it all! :)

Vote & Comment x