Chapter Three

A/N- This is dedicated to Hardcore Sunflower for being an amazing writer! Thank you so much for fanning me! I am honoured!

“How are we going to fly?” Ronnie asked excitedly. I bit my lip and pinched the skin of my arm, I winced as a sharp pain ran through me, no I definitely wasn’t dreaming! Peter grabbed Tinkerbell and shook her, golden bursts of light fell from her and floated around Ronnie, covering her in its magical substance. I gasped as she shone brightly before squealing, it was then her feet left the ground. She giggled and flew around the room, making the pictures on the wall rattle and cold air swan around me as she sped around. I couldn’t help but smile; it had been a while since I had seen Ronnie so happy, so young.

“You’re turn.” Peter smirked before coming to stand in front of me. I gulped as his body pressed against mine, his heat radiating onto me and the vines of his clothes tickling my bare skin. 

“What do I need to do?” I whispered. I was becoming nervous, what if I couldn’t fly? What if I was left behind like a doll on a shelf while Ronnie flew away with this remarkable boy to Neverland?

“First, you need some fairy dust.” Peter chuckled, grabbing a bored looking Tinkerbell. He shook her and for a moment all I could see was gold. It shimmered in the moonlight, like small beacons of fire surrounding me. It fell on my hands and body; it hid in my hair and sank into my eyelashes. I looked back at Peter who was smiling softly, I looked at him expectantly, a bubble of excitement in the pit of my stomach.

“What now?” I asked, looking down at my grounded feet. Ronnie was still breezing around us, her bronze hair flying around her and her mouth set in a wide smile. Tink was sat on my bookshelf and was watching Ronnie with an amused expression. A touch on my cheek brought my attention back to Peter, his hand cupped my cheek and his lips were inches from mine. I was held prisoner in his beautiful mossy green eyes, the eyes which held a million laughs and adventures.

“Think happy thoughts.” Peter said gently before twirling a strand of my hair around his fingers. I closed my eyes and thought about where I was going to, Neverland, the place of dreams and fantasy. A place where I would finally belong. I thought of how my heart beat furiously when Peter stood close to me, the way his fingers left a burning sensation on my skin whenever he touched me.  “Open your eyes.”

I did what I was told and let out a gasp, I was flying. I was flying! A laugh escaped my lips before I whizzed around the room, letting my arms spread out around me. I span around and let out a sigh of content, there would never be a greater feeling than flying.  I heard Peter chuckle and opened my eyes to see him staring at Ronnie and me, I suddenly became very conscious of what I was wearing, a black vest top and short cow print shorts. I cleared my throat and landed on my feet with a soft thud.

I grabbed a cardigan and wrapped it around myself, my cheeks tingeing pink. Ronnie landed beside me, her hair wild and her eyes bugging.  I laughed and ran my fingers through her hair; she looked up at me and grinned.

“Can we go? Can we go?” Ronnie asked, turning to Peter with pleading eyes. I locked eyes with Peter who then raised an eyebrow. I looked around my room for a moment and turned my back on Ronnie and Peter. My eyes traced the teddies that my parents had brought us when they had been happy, I looked at the picture frame of me, Mum, Dad and Ronnie on my bedside table. We were all grinning up at the camera and eating ice cream. That was a few years ago, when Mum and Dad were in love, and before they started hitting us. I looked down at my bare feet and sighed, my feelings torn.

“Scarlett.” Someone whispered in my ear. I froze as Peter’s hot breath tickled my neck; I shivered and bit my lip, highly aware of his body pressed against mine.  “Let me take you away, Scarlett. Come with me, stay with me.”

I turned around to face his pleading stare; it made my heart lurched at the longing in his eyes. I felt myself nod and his lips turned up into a beautiful smile.  I took his hand and knew then that I had never been so sure about anything in my life; I was going with Peter Pan.

To Neverland.

·         *  * * * *

I whopped as the cool night air greeted me, Ronnie was flying ahead and Peter was beside me. His posture was relaxed with his hands behind his head and a lazy grin plastered on his face. I span around and let my hair fan out around me, the air nipped playfully at my nose and cheeks. I let out a sigh before breathing in the cold air. The night was perfect, the moon full and the stars shining, as if greeting us.

“Take my hand.” Peter suddenly said as we zoomed upwards into the air. I looked down to see Ronnie holding Peter’s hand, the other was outstretched towards me. I met his eyes once more and found myself getting lost in the Caribbean oceans. “Don’t you trust me?”

“I trust you.” I grinned and took his hand; he entwined our fingers and pulled me towards him so I was wrapped under his right arm. He flew faster and suddenly the world around me disappeared, replaced by a brilliant golden light. Bright horizons greeted me along with a devastatingly beautiful sunset. A ocean the color of lapis lilies sparkled under the morning rays as an island came into view, the grass a vibrant green and the sand golden. I gasped in amazement as my eyes adjusted to the brilliant scene before me.

“Welcome to Neverland.” Peter whispered.