Chapter Two

A soft touch gently woke me from my sleep; I snuggled deeper into my pillow and sighed. The touch as soft as moth’s wings travelled up my cheekbone, tracing my jaw line and landing on my lips.

“Ronnie, go away.” I mumbled. I heard something slam against the ceiling, making me grab the lamp next to my bed. I looked around the room frantically, searching for my attacker; the window was wide open, the white curtains billowing creepily into the room from the warm night breeze. The full moon loomed in the sky, casting shadows at every corner.

“Hello?” I whispered my voice shaky.

I stood up from my bed and padded over to the window, I closed it quickly, regretting leaving it open. I heard a creak behind me and span around quickly, a hand slid over and muffled my scream. Something forced me onto the floor and pinned my hands above my head. I widened my eyes in amazement as I realized it was a boy on top of me, not to mention an incredibly beautiful boy. His eyes captivated me; they were such a starling green, like beautiful emeralds. His curls were windswept and a golden brown, the type of hair girls would kill for if it were longer. I looked down at what he was wearing to see he was covered in beautiful vines, a single strap around his tanned shoulder. I eyed the dagger in his pocket, my eyes bulging.

Great! He was going to kill me!

The boy searched my face, his eyes widening. I gulped as he moved his hand off my mouth, and pinned my other wrist down. I couldn’t help but notice his beautiful face was inches away, his full ruby red lips nearly brushing mine.

“W...Who are you?” I stuttered, my heart doing summersaults in my chest.

“Who are you?” He questioned me, his voice musical and full of curiosity.

“I asked you first.” I hissed, narrowing my eyes.

How dare this boy asked me who I was, when he was the one breaking into my house!

The boy seemed to think about something before getting off me, he stood up and put his hands on his hips. He gave me a charming smile before bowing; I stood up slowly and rolled my eyes.

“My name is Peter Pan.” Peter grinned, his tone cocky.

“Peter Pan?” I repeated raising my eyebrows.

“Yes, from Neverland.” Peter said his brow furrowing.

“Neverland?” I asked, trying to remember where that was.

“Why do you keep repeating everything I say?” Peter asked tilting his head to one side, reminding me of a confused puppy.

“I’m not.” I cried. I winced when I saw Ronnie stir; the last thing I wanted was to wake her up and see this strange and beautiful boy.

“Are too!” Peter said, thrusting his chin out defiantly.

“Am not! That doesn’t matter! What are you doing in here?” I asked, feeling a flutter of irritation run through me.

“I want to take you to Neverland.” Peter said, flashing me a devastatingly beautiful smile. My heart went into a frenzy as he took a step towards me, the moonlight outlining his features perfectly.

“How would we get there?” I asked, not able to ignore the bubble of curiosity in my stomach.

“Fly of course.” Peter said, acting as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

“Are you on drugs?” I asked crossing my arms across my chest.

“Am I on what?” Peter laughed, tilting his head to one side. His laugh made me smile, it sounded so full of life, like he had never known sadness, only happiness.

“Never mind,” I laughed, shaking my head at the strange boy in front of me. “Ok, so how would we fly?” I decided it was best to play along.

“Tink!” Peter hissed, his beautiful green eyes twinkling with excitement. I gasped as a golden light flew towards Peter. I took a step closer and gasped, it was a girl, a beautiful girl, only just bigger than a firefly.

“She’s beautiful!” I whispered in awe.

The girl had a heart shaped face which was surrounded my golden blond hair, it had been pushed up in a high ponytail. Her cheekbones were sharp and her features were pixie like, her eyes were almond shape and a beautiful shade of green. She was wearing a leaf green dress which hugged her curves and showed off her slim figure, she was perfect.

“This is Tinkerbell, my fairy!” Peter smiled proudly, Tink rolled her eyes and gave me an exaggerated curtsy, and I giggled and gave her a curtsy back. “That’s strange, she doesn’t normally like girls.”

“Why not?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“Normally girls try and give me thimbles.” Peter explained a sly smile on his lips and a faraway look in his eye.  

I frowned in confusion and looked back at Tink who ha perched herself on Peters shoulder, her beautiful light eliminated his face, making his features look sharp and dark, I found myself staring and cleared my throat, pulling my eyes away from him.

“I must be dreaming!” I said to myself, rubbing my eyes.

“A FAIRY!” A voice squealed, I groaned as I saw Ronnie running from her bed, her eyes wide. She ran up to Peter and gazed up at him, a look of awe in her eyes.

“Yes, she’s mine.” Peter beamed, putting his hands on his hips. Ronnie gazed up at him in amazement, her little eyes lighting up with pure joy. I suddenly felt envious of her, she still believed in magic and happy endings. And I was left with dealing with my Mum and Dad arguing every night, getting hit when I did something wrong, I wish I could bring myself to feel joy.

“Can we go? Please can we go Scarlett!?” Ronnie begged, suddenly grabbing my arm. I narrowed my eyes at a smirking Peter, great, now he had gotten my little sister on me.

 “No!” I sighed, rubbing my temples with my fingers. Peters grin vanished and he walked towards me, he put his hands on my shoulders and brought his lips to my ear.

“Scarlett, imagine a world full of bliss, where nothing will ever hurt you, or bring you sadness. Imagine a world where fairies fly, where mermaids swim the clear oceans, where pirates lie, imagine a world that is made from children’s dreams everywhere.” Peter whispered, painting a beautiful picture in my mind, I found myself smiling, not being able to push the beautiful visions away.

“What about Mum and Dad?” I whispered, my smile vanishing once more.

“Are they who did this to you?” Peter asked with fury in his voice. He gently raised my wrist and pointed to the black and purple bruises. I didn’t meet his eyes as I yanked my wrist away; I had gotten too close to Dad when he was yelling. I shivered as I remembered how he had leered down at me, spitting in my face before crushing my wrist in his big hand. I tried to get away but Mum had just stood there, her eyes dead.

“Scarlett, I don’t want to be here anymore.” Ronnie sniffed, her eyes filling with tears.

“Scarlett, you don’t deserve this,” Peter said gently, hesitantly he cupped my face, forcing me to meet his enchanting emerald eyes. “Let me take you away from this, let me protect you. A beautiful girl deserves a beautiful life.”

I smiled at his words, feeling my heart skip a beat. Peter gently tucked a strand of hair behind my ear before smiling charmingly, I knew at that moment I couldn’t say no to him.

“Ronnie, we are getting out of this hellhole.” I grinned, not being able to contain my excitement.

“In that case that’s teach you how to fly.” Peter smirked, rising one eyebrow.