Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Tabitha’s POV

                Dad was still asleep when I woke up. But he soon woke up after me. He sat up and he let go of me and ran a hand through this hair. “Juliet obviously came in here.” He laughed as he looked at the closed computer and I looked at the dark lights.

                “Yeah…” I yawned as Dad got off the bed and I went to go look for a book to read. I was about to open the book when Mom walked in. I put the book on the floor and Juliet walked over to me.

                “Honey we need to talk.” She said as she sat next to me on the bed.

                “What is it?” I asked.

                “I want to get you therapy.” She said and I sighed nodding. “You’re scaring your little brother.

                “Half little brother.” I corrected her. Ever sense I found out that Juliet wasn’t my mom, I didn’t like him being called just my little brother because he wasn’t- he was only half of me.

                “Okay Half. Anyways you promised if something along the lines of this happened again you would get therapy.” She said and she was right- I did promise that.

                “I know and I will.” I said getting a bit annoyed. She knew that I knew I had made that promise, I wish she didn’t rub that in my face.

***** Time Skip 2 days later *****

                I was with dad in the waiting room of the therapy office. I sat there quietly, not wanting to be here. Soon I was called and he left me on my own. I walked in and she told me to have a seat on the couch. I didn’t want to lay down but I listened anyways.

                “So Tabitha,” The therapist by the name of David said. David was an older man, maybe in his late 50’s. He was slightly balding and he wore suits with elbow patches. “I hear you have a problem with panic attacks.” He said and I nodded.

                “Why do these occur in your mind?” He asked and I took a breath.

                “Because, when I was locked in the Janitor Closet or that Classroom, there was no guarantee that I would make it out. Yes it seems ridiculous to think that I might not have been found, but you’re in a small room that’s sound proof.” I said, closing my eyes thinking back.

                “Who was there to save you Tabitha?” He asked.

                “Dad…”I said trailing off.

                “Tell me Tabitha, what were your symptoms during the panic attacks?” He asked. I could feel my body tense as he asked me more and more questions.

                “I was having troubles breathing, I was dizzy, I was sweating everywhere…. I couldn’t think straight, I was getting nauseas and I was having thoughts of dying in there.” I said. Even though my eyes were closed I could tell he was writing something down.

                “Are you closer to your father than your mother?” He asked.

                 “Which one.” I sighed.

                “Juliet.” He said. I opened my eyes and I looked at him.

                “Dad because now, when I stare at Juliet I only see someone bossing me around even though she’s not even my mother- she has been playing pretend for 6 and a half years.” I said, I hadn’t even noticed that I called her Juliet not Mom.