Part Four

'Maybe he does like me after all...' Yana thought to herself 'Nooooo, that would make Jean right. He's probably just trying to play around with me' Yana scold her self

She text back :

* Morning, and haha no it wasn't past my bedtime! I'm not sure about today, I'm meant to be spending the day with my gran * She lied.

She hit the send button and threw her phone onto her bed then walked over to the stereo and tuned into her favourite station. Her phone beeped and lit up again. She opened the message: 

* Aww Okay, if you asked her do you think I could come over, I really need help with our Chemistry coursework * She bit her lip while  thinking of a reply and typed.

* Okay why not, my adrress is 70 East street 3rd Ave. * She hovered over the send button for a minute, she wasn't really sure of James and had no intention of becoming another trophy he placed above his bed among many other girls that had quickly fallen for him. If he did want her he would have to work hard at proving that! She hit the send button.

Yana traipsed over to her closet and pulled out a navy-white crop jumper with dark blue skinny jeans and reached out for her grey converses. She then stood in front of the full-length mirror in her room and contemplated how she would possibly tame her wild hair. She grabbed her trusty comb and eased the knots out of her hair then decided to wrap it up in a high messy bun. Her phone lit up again and she picked it up off her pillow to check it:

* I'll see you later then * James replied. Aryana put the phone back down and returned her attention to the mirror. She decided to make an effort and put on a litlle mascara, after aplying the mascara she artistically painted on some liquid eyeliner and concluded that she was good to go!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

James rang Aryana's doorbell and took a step back then waited. Aryana appeared after a minute or two and opened the front door. She smiled at James and he bashfully smiled back at her, for some reason he was nervous and that rarely, in fact never happened with girls. He'd been to plenty of girls' houses and he was fine so why the change now? He focused in on her face and couldn't help but notice how captivating she was; he also saw that she had make-up on and took in how hypnotizing her liquid gold eyes looked framed by her dark lashes. ' Wow she is stunning' he thought.

'Hi'  Aryana said shyly 'Do you want to come in?' she said signalling him into the house. James regained his senses and answered her. 'Um yeah thanks.' He felt like an idiot and he didnt know why he was acting so strange. He followed Yana into the front room. It was a modest sized living room with deep red carpets the one that your toes sink into with every step. In the middle of the room was a large woven rug that looked like it was bought somewhere in Morroco and the walls were a nice shade of beige. On the wall stood a  portrait of a breath-takingly beautiful woman who was the spitting image of Aryana which James took to be her late mother. She had the same mysterious golden eyes, with silky brown hair and the same olive coloured complexion. 

'She's beautiful' James said under his breath  ' I know' Aryana replied smiling. He didn't know that she heard him and he was slightly embarrassed at the fact he couldn't take his eyes of the portrait. 'She was said to be one of the most sought after girls in the village she grew up in, in Yemen. My grandma told me that she had many suitors but she loved none and swore she would never marry until she met my father and fell in love with him' Aryana retold the story with a dazed look in her eyes and remembered how she loved when her gran, Esme told her the story of how her mother and father met and deep in her heart hoped it would someday happen to her. 'She looks just like you Aryana' James said she looked up and noticed that James was staring at her intently she felt shy all of a sudden and quickly changed the subject.