CHAPTER 16- I Love You Goodbye

A/N: As the tiltle of this chapter suggests, I want you to imagine the song I Love You Goodbye in the background while you're reading this. I hate this chapter but this has to happen. Keep on reading! Thanks and I love you all!

Bård's POV:

I woke up with a funny and lovely thought in my head. I've never been so happy in my life. She loves me. I can't help but smile just by the thought of it. Last night, I'm broken but now, I can't believe I'm lying beside her. Now, that she's mine, I will never let her go. With my eyes still closed, I rolled in my bed and stretched my right arm to hug her. But my arm touched the flat bed sheet. With my eyes still closed, I tried to feel her, moving my arm, surveying the side of the bed where she laid. My arm did't find her so I opened my eyes. It's empty. Did she woke up first?

"Al?" I called her. No one replied. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. It's 18:00. Did she left already?

"Al? Are you there?" I called again but still no one answered me. I stood up from my bed and pulled a towel and wrapped it around my waist. Her clothes are gone. I moved outside to see if her bag is still there. No, there's no bag. No sign of her. She left without telling me? But I thought we're ok? I don't know what's happening so I called her. She's not answering her phone. I called again, still no answer. Ok, now I'm worried. I called again and again and again but she did't answer even a single one. I called Vegard in case he knows.

"Bård?" Vegard answered.

"Do you know where's Alija? Is she in the office?"

"No, I thought she's with you." Vegard replied.

"She was, but now I don't know where she went. She did't left a note or something." I explained.

"Why? What happened?" Vegard asked.

"Nothing. I was just sleeping but when I woke up, she's not here anymore."

"She left without telling you?" Vegard said.

"Yes and now I'm worried about her." I said honestly.

"Maybe she'll be here in the office tomorrow. People are leaving here now, so maybe she won't drop by here anymore. Just meet her here in the office tomorrow." Vegard reassured.

"Ok, I'm sorry for today by the way. I'll make it up to you tomorrow."

"No problem bro." Vegard said and hung up.

Where is she? I asked myself.

Alija's POV:

He's fast asleep. With my ear in his chest, I can hear his heartbeat. How wonderful it would be to stay like this forever. To just listen to his heart, hear him breathing, listen to the way he speaks my name. To see his face the moment I wake and to kiss him good night when I sleep. It would be wonderful. But no, there's nothing like that in this story. From the moment I let myself fall for him, I accepted the fact that there will never be an us. That we'll never be together. That's how the story goes. And as the story says, I have to leave him. If I ever regreted anything, that would be hurting him. I don't want to but there's no other way. I can't stay by his side and watch both him and my sister die. I'm not loosing anyone I love. I should be strong, much stronger than I think I should be.

I slowly lifted my head from his chest then I stood up quietly. I picked up my clothes and put them back on. I looked at him. He's still sleeping. I leaned down and kissed his forehead. This is our last kiss. My body shivered by the thought of that. After I kissed his forehead I whispered something for him.

"I'm doing this because I love you." I hope he'll find a way to forgive me someday.

I got off the bed and went to the living room. I grabbed my bag, and moved outside Bård's house. I know I told myself to be strong but I can't help but cry. This is it. I'm breaking our bonds forever. There was nothing I could do other than cry and walk away from my happiness.

A/N: I know, it's a very short chapter but thanks for reading!