Chapter Twenty Nine

Rushing downstairs, I quickly grab an apple out of the fridge and slip on my shoes. From an upstairs window, I saw that Ashton is already here and waiting in the driveway. Not wanting to be rude and make him wait for a long time, I rush out of the already opened garage.

I walk calmly to Ashton's car and hop in, "Good morning." I say when I close the door.

"Good morning to you too." Ashton responds and he starts driving.

A comfortable silence settles over us. It allows me time to think about bringing up an unconfortable topic. I bite the inside of my cheek as I mull over my options. I want to explain, but I'm worried of what it could do. To me, it's a concern that could affect us and I don't want it to hang over us and whatever happens between us. My mind goes back and forth, debating to bring it up.

"Hey Ashton?"

"What's up?"

"I wanted to tell you, well explain to you that," I become tongue tied as I try to explain, "that I just want to forget about that kiss. I just want to put it fully in the past and forget about it."

"Oh," Ashton looks shocked that I brought it up, "of course. I mean, if that's what you want. I'm fine with putting it in the past."

"Okay," Relief washes through me, "and thank you. I overreacted about it, well, I mean a little bit. You didn't deserve that slap, and I'm sorry for that, but I do have boundaries," I start becoming tongue tied again, "never mind. We're not together enough to be talking about boundaries."

Ashton smiles but it almost looks disapointed, "I should be the one apologizing. I shouldn't have done that, gone that far."

I smile, "I think it would be best to keep that in the past then."

"Agreed."

The rest of the day passed with a content feeling that seemed to surround everyone. Ashton was in the best mood I had ever seen him in and it seemed to affect everyone around him, including me. I never seemed to see him without a smile, and everytime I did see him, my stomach seemed to do a flip.

The mood never seemed to diminish as the week went on. Ashton continued to surprise me and he would usually have a gift of some sort in the morning for me. Usually it was some type of flower such as a tulip or daisy, but mainly it would be a rose. I had finally told him that my favorite flower are roses.

Everyone at school seemed to be in a better mood, especially Josh. I had tried asking him about his sudden mood change but he would usually answer vaguely. I had gained more friends in that week than I had ever in my first month at school. Students were the nicest they've ever been, including that girl who called me a bitch on the first day.

The week passed quickly with everyone in a good mood. On Friday, instead of driving me home, Ashton drove me to his house. I had already told my parents about the detour and they had told me to be safe.

Ashton and I spent the time watching The Avengers, at the request of me, in the living room. We didn't really spend the time watching the movie and instead talked about the things we never got to talk about on our date. Ashton answered any and every question I had, even the kind of silly ones. He returned the favor by asking me a ton of questions.

Eventually, I somehow ended up sitting on Ashton's lap with my head against his chest and him stroking my hair. We stopped talking and decided to sit confortably with the movie playing in the background. I found myself suddenly feeling very content and calm, and found it hard to keep my eyes open. I decided to close my eyes just for a moment.

I wake up with the feeling that I'm being swayed. Cracking my eyes open, the first thing I see is Ashton's shoulder and neck. Glancing around, I see I'm curled up in Ashton's arms while he carries somewhere bridal style.