Chapter Six: The Aftermath

"Guys, we've got some great news," Korra announced as we climbed into Mako and Bolin's apartment, seeing them packing up.

"What is it?" Mako asked.

"You don't have to be homeless!" I exclaimed. "We've got two options for you. Tenzin said it was fine for you two to live on Air Temple Island with us, but if you don't feel comfortable there, my dad said it was alright for you to live with him. He said you guys would get free food at the restaurant."

Mako rubbed the back of his head. "Thanks for the offer, but-"

"Asami already invited us to live in her dad's giant mansion!" Bolin exclaimed. "From here on out, it's gonna be the lap of luxury for us."

"So you'd rather live with Asami than your girlfriend?" I asked.

Mako patted Bolin's back. "Good luck, Bo," he said before walking over to Asami.

"Of course not! I'd love to spend more time with you! But I've never got to experience what it's like to 'live the life'. I hope you understand."

"You're not 'living the life' when you're with me?"

"No! I'm saying that I've just never been pampered before, you know?"

I smirked and draped my arms over Bolin's shoulders. "Well if you live on the island, maybe I can sneak into your room and pamper you myse-"

"Uh, Jaya?"

I turned around to see Korra standing awkwardly. "Yeah?"

"We should go."

I sighed. "Alright." I gave Bolin a kiss on the cheek and walked to the exit.

Korra waved goodbye. "See you guys later."

"How about tomorrow?" Asami asked. "I'd love for you two to come visit the estate."

"I don't know. I have some Avatar stuff to do."

I rolled my eyes. "Come on, Korra. It'll be fun."

Bolin put Pabu in front of his face and spoke in a high pitched voice. "You deserve a little bit of rest and relaxation after all this craziness. We can swim in Asami's pool. It'll be fun!"

Korra laughed. "Alright, Pabu."

Asami smiled. "Great! See you tomorrow!"

_____

"Avatar Korra and her friend have arrived," Asami's butler announced once we walked in.

"Hey Korra! Hey Jaya!" Mako greeted.

Asami waved from where she sat on the side of the pool. "Glad you made it!"

Bolin popped out from under the water. "Hey Jaya! You comin in?"

I started taking off my pants, noticing the hint of pink on Bolin's cheeks. I took off my top, revealing the white bathing suit I had on underneath. I jumped in, splashing water on my boyfriend. I swam over to him and he held me in his arms.

"So, how you liking it here? Feeling pampered?"

"Totally. I miss you, though."

"Aww, I miss you too."

"It seems like you guys settled right in," Korra said once she sat down on one of the chairs surrounding the pool.

"Pretty much," Mako replied. "Except someone forgot to ask her father if we could stay here."

"Yeah, but I smoothed it over with him. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."

"Korra, this is the greatest place ever. Watch this. Fetch me my drink, good sir."