Chapter 3: Demetria

Demetria

‘He is going to find out Demetria, I guarantee you that he will. You know he is going to figure out who you truly are yet you are still are going to go after him. Just know that I warned you,’ a voice said behind me.

  ‘What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him,’ I said in a sly way. ‘Only if you tell him then he will know.’ I turned around and saw his evil face waiting for me to leave. ‘You got your wish Aiden, I am leaving. Thanks for letting me stay here as a guest. I should arrive in Mayberry in just a few minutes.’

  ‘Don’t go to Mayberry, he is going to think you are stalking him,’ Aiden warned. ‘Just stay here for a couple more days and then go back to Meadows Grove. What if he finds out your dark secret?’ He asked worried.

  ‘I’ve already told you he won’t. If he does then I will know what to do,’ I replied, reassuring him nothing was going to happen. ‘I am going to go to Mayberry in secret first. Neither Justin nor any of his acquaintances should know I arrived in town or my plan will be ruined. Then he will start to suspect me,’ I said wickedly.

  ‘You had such a great life Demetria. You had such a loving family. Nothing was going to affect you and Justin’s relationship until you asked the enemy for such a greedy wish to unlock your true identity,’ Aiden voiced with a spiteful remark. ‘You just threw your whole life away. You should be thankful that I am still your friend. Now all of sudden you want your life back because he won’t marry you when he finds out your secret.’

  ‘Can you shut up?’ I asked in an irritated mood.

  ‘You just stand there and act as if nothing is wrong, but everything is wrong,’ Aiden carried on his annoying offensive comment. ‘Who does that to their own bloodline? You of all people apparently do that.’

  ‘I said shush Aiden,’ I requested again, with an exasperated meaning behind it. ‘I have short temper, you know that Aiden. I chose to make that decision, it is my life. Now I am going to get it back,’ I retorted.

  ‘You have committed a sin against nature. There is no going back unless you have a really good plan for nature to forgive you,’ he affirmed. ‘Oh wait, but you can’t because you have the devil’s blood inside you. I just cannot believe you were stupid enough to give up the meaning of your life just because you had a small quarrel with your Mum,’ he mocked.

  There was a vase next to me. Throughout the whole conversation between Aiden and me, I had been staring at it irritably. The time he had spent blabbering on and on about how I ruined my life, I spent most of my time on the framework of the vase. He wasn’t talking to me face-to-face, but­ with my back turned. I turned around and faced him.

  ‘Say that sentence again,’ I told him with no edginess in my voice. ‘I dare you to say that again,’ I warned him.

  ‘You are so ungrateful. I have treated you like my own sister. When people start finding out what sins you have done, then they will surely despise you. I regret the day I helped you escape the wrath of the guy who unlocked your evil ego. You are a sin. Imagine if Justin finds out,’ he responded evilly.

  When he had said those five hurtful words, I gripped the edge of the vase and had thrown it directly to Aiden. I purposely had meant it to hurt Aiden, and it perfectly injured him. The vase then broke into pieces right after it caused Aiden to be incapacitated. He coughed out blood straight after. He deserved it.

  I slowly walked towards him with a knife in my hands. There was a mantelpiece next to me and I dragged the knife until the edge of the ledge, creating several scrapes on the outline of it.