Chapter 2

I stand there in front of my parents looking at the giant ant tied up so it can’t escape. I don’t know what to say. I don’t even know if this is really happening. Giant ants are basically the only way to travel around here besides foot. We can ride on mice, but they are hard to catch and we need to eat them. So, I’m standing here, my mouth partially open staring at this ant that is tied up and looking back at me. Surrounding it is a bunch of little ants that my mother keeps trying to get away from.

          “Annie, aren’t you going to say something?” I hear Suzanne say next to me as she elbows my side lightly.

          I start moving my mouth trying to say something, but no words come out. This time, Suzanne elbows me harder at the side and I let out a wince in pain. I shoot a deadly glare at her and she grins. I turn back to my parents and smile batting my eye lids, “T-thank y-you.” I stutter. “Thank you so much guys!” I yell out and start jumping around the room.

          “Calm down Annie, calm down.” Suzanne says smiling and places her hand on my shoulder.

          I stop jumping around and face her with a huge grin across my face. “You know what this means?” I ask her grabbing her shoulders and begin to shake here. “Do you know what this means?” I ask again jumping up and down a bit. “Do you know what this means?” I ask again, positive that she’s getting tired of me asking the same thing so I stop talking.

          “No so just tell me! What, what does it mean? What does it mean?” She asks beginning to look dizzy. “Come on, tell me already, what does it mean?”

          “It means I can ride this ant anywhere, and it probably means I’m allowed to leave the kingdom and visit other parts of the Kidogo territory!” I exclaim jumping around again.

          This brings joy to Suzanne and she screams and begins to jump around with me. Her green eyes twinkle and she looks very happy. “Oh my gosh, this is so awesome, yay! I can finally show you around!”

          I stop jumping and turn to my dad. He nods and I smile the biggest smile ever. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!” I yell running over to him and jump in his arms.

          “Anything for my princess.” My father says putting me down and smiles.

          “Now darling,” my mother begins, “it’s getting pretty late. Go up to you room and sleep. You can hang out with Suzanne tomorrow.”

          I moan and walk over to my room. I can hear my parents say goodbye to Suzanne and she leaves.

          I walk into my room and lie down on my bed made of some type of soft leaves and twigs. I watch the fire ball that we call the sun go down and the sky turns into a soft orange color. I close my eyes and eventually fall asleep.

          “Up, up, up!” Someone yells, and that someone is obviously Suzanne. “Annie, get up now!”

          I open my eyes and face her. I moan and turn around wanting to sleep more. It’s still dark out but I can see that the sky is beginning to light up and that the sun is beginning to rise. Of course, Suzanne is the only person I know who gets up before dawn.

          “Annie, get up now!” she yells and I am then wacked in the face by a leaf pillow.

          This immediately wakes me up. “Hey,” I yell sitting up. “You know I can throw you in the dungeon for doing that!”

          “Yeah but you won’t because you care about me too much.” Suzanne says and grins.

          I shake my head and sigh. “What do you want?” I then ask sliding off the bed.