Tonight Was A Mistake...

Jaynalee's P.O.V

Side by side Ally and I walked up the stone path to the house. The bass was booming loudly inside causing the windows to rattle and the ground to thud lightly.

As we stepped into the house Ally turned to me and gave me a reassuring smile,"Go! Have fun, meet a boy! I'll come find you later!" she said waggling her eyebrows, and with that she disappeared into the crowd. Immediately I felt a little less excited to be there. The room was dark and full of people; most of the girls were in slutty dresses while the guys were pretty much just in white dress shirts. Everyone in the room had a mask on.

I wondered quietly along the outer edges of the room to the backdoor to get outside. The back patio was lit up with lights wrapped in the trees. The pool was full of people as well, most of them already drunk as hell with hardly any clothes left on. The sight made me laugh to myself, the place actually could've been pretty, if it weren't for all of the drunken idiots and empty beer cans laying around. I walked over to one of the coolers sitting against the house and flipped it open, pulling a beer out for myself. I cracked it open and chugged half of it in one large gulp. I wasn't much of a drinker, I'd actually only had a few beers at a party once before and I ended up puking most of it up. But hey, if I'm going to be here and actually enjoy myself I might as well loosen up a little right?

After finishing that beer quickly I crushed the can and threw it in a nearby trash can before grabbing another and walking back in the house. I thought I caught a glimpse of my boyfriend Chase but I shook the thought from my head as ridiculous. Chase was with his cousin in Louisiana for a "Guy's Trip" for the next week! I laughed at myself for being so ridiculous when I caught another glimpse of him, or so I thought. What the hell?

Quickly walking around the people dancing in the room I went to follow the blonde haired guy that looked so much like Chase. I don't know why, Chase was actually kind of a jerk sometimes. Ally had been trying to get me to break up with him for months because of the way he treated me. I still had the bruises on my stomach to prove it if I wanted to turn him in... but I knew I wouldn't. It had only been one time. We had been arguing and he was already drunk so it was just as much my fault as his.

Blondie rounded corner, a dark haired girl hanging on his arm, and went into a room leaving the door open behind them. I thought about marching right in there to yell at him when I realized I didn't even know if it was him. I attempted to nonchalantly walk past the door and glance in. Blondie had the dark haired girl up against a wall kissing her so I couldn't see his face. Suddenly I felt ridiculous. What was I thinking? Chase loved me he would never cheat on me! And he was in Louisiana! I was just being paranoid. I threw back the rest of my beer and chucked the can behind me as I walked down the stairs. I was starting to feel the buzz strongly now and I strutted out onto the dance floor, grabbing the first guy I saw by the wrist and pulling him with me.

The girl he had been dancing with glared at me as we walked past and I smiled innocently at her. She huffed and walked off the dance floor angrily. I heard the guy I had stolen from her chuckle as he grabbed my hips from behind as we swayed to the beat.

"Do I know you?" he whispered in my ear, his breath tickling my neck.

I smiled and turned in his arms, wrapping my arms around his neck. I was feeling brave as I stretched up and whispered in his ear,"Wouldn't you like to know,"

He laughed loudly at that and held me to him. Oddly enough I felt tingles run all throughout my body everywhere he touched me. Must be the alcohol I thought to myself.

"Damn beer," I mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all," I said swaying my hips against his. He was much taller than me so I had to look up to see his face. I gasped when I saw his light blue eyes. They were so familiar. Where had I seen him before?