Chapter One: Cookies, Milk and Red eyes

Chapter 1: Cookies, Milk and Red eyes

"Wakey wakey Mickey. Time to rise like chocolate cakey" a voice said sing-songy.

I moaned and turned away from the person then they started to shake me so I proceeded to hit and kick the annoying person who woke me up.

"Leave me alone, whoever you are!" I yelled.

"Mikayla Diane Frost" a different person shouted. I flinched I hated my full name to the fullest extent but I knew the only person who could call me that without me getting angry was my mother.

"What mom?" I groaned. I sat up in my bed and looked at the guest who woke me out of my deep slumber.

"You need to get up" my mom said calmly.

"Why?" I whined.

"You and Karmen are going to show the Maise pack around town make sure they get everything they need and answers to their questions, you know do your Alpha responsibilities" she said putting emphasis on the word Alpha.

My mom and Karmen started to walk out but not before my mom turned and said "I hope we made the right decisions by letting you take over the pack early and without a mate"

I glared at my mom's back as she walked out. How dare she? I was just made Alpha a month ago, there wasn't a lot of things that needed to be taken cared of back then. She acts like I'm supposed to already know everything there is to be an alpha, school didn't have classes for alphas to take you had to learn on your own by your mistakes. There wasn't a guide. I mean we do have an alpha's intuition but it only comes when we need to make a decision to prevent the harm of someone or when we are in a life threatening situation and we need to make a quick choice other than that we are on our own. In most packs they train the alpha's heir, the first born from the first time they turn into a Werewolf until the age of 17 when they are at the rightful age to take over the pack. I did not get trained because my stupid mother thought it would be pointless since on my 17th birthday I would have found my mate and he would have took over both his pack and my pack unless they had a son then he would take over. So it's my mom's fault that I have to get up and show the other pack the town, not mine.

I threw the covers off me and walked into my bathroom. I turned on the shower turning it to a warm temperature. I walked out of my en suite and got my iPod and docking station. I put my iPod on shuffle, stripped out my clothes and jumped into the shower. Paramore's "Misery Business" came on. I grabbed my shampoo bottle and started to wash my hair as I sung. I moved my hips to the song and continued to wash my body without slipping. I got out the shower and wrapped a towel around my body and hair and walked out the bathroom into my bedroom. I walked to my walk-in closet and picked out a white band shirt and black shorts made my way to my dresser and picked up a matching set of black underwear and changed into them. I went back into my bathroom to work on my hair and make-up. I decided I would let my blonde hair dry naturally. I went light on the make-up just some mascara, eyeliner and lip gloss. Satisfied with how I looked I walked downstairs to find my brother and Karmen in the kitchen whispering. I got closer without them seeing me and tuned into their conversation.

"And we will get her a clown for her birthday to go with the circus theme" Karmen said.

"Don't forget the elephant" Drew said.

Ah hell no they know I hate clowns ever since Beatrice, my cousin had one at her 12th birthday party. Let's just say clowns and three year-old don't mix.

"No, there will not be a clown at my party you can keep the elephant but no clowns!" I yelled walking into the kitchen.

"That was just one clown Mickey!" my brother laughed.