Chapter 7

"Maybe you wanna open up more. Back in there Lotor said something about your parents."

Lance look at Keith with embarrassment and shame with a hint of sadness.

"What did he say?"

Lance asked.

"Lotor said your parents abandoned you and now you seek human attention to feel wanted. Is this true Lance?"

Lance kept on looking at the sea avoiding eye contact.

"When I was a kid, I would always try by best at everything. I had two older siblings and two younger ones. I loved them with all my heart.

One day Naomi the oldest got sick just after the second son Alex died. I had to take care of my older sibling and my younger ones to.

Every day I would wake up get started on breakfast while my parents sailed the ocean. I would be in charge of bathing them all and making sure they were healthy.

One day when I wasn't looking Mateo and Alicia the little ones. They went into the water and drowned there.

When my parents found out they were furious. They wanted me to suffer the exact same way. They were yelling at me the whole time. They made me get on there boat leaving Naomi alone. They threw me into the ocean saying I was worthless.

I drowned that night. When I woke up I was a demigod. I had new powers and I realized I couldn't die.

I started going on adventures and things like that. Every time I won or went some place a new tattoo appeared on my body.

So yeah, I do seek human attention to feel wanted. Can you blame me? It's just who I've always been I guess."

Lance stared at the sea. Oh how he wish that the ocean currents could save him from Keith's shocked gaze.

"Lance, your always gonna be needed. No matter how much you might not realize it. Your gonna be needed. I need you not because your Lance the demigod but because your Lance my best friend.

You were saved for a reason. Maybe you were saved because someone saw that you are worth saving. That you are worth anything, I know that's how I think of you."

Lance looked up and smiled at Keith.

"Thanks princess but I don't think we're gonna beat Te Fa. I mean I can barely transform and every time I do it goes wrong. I'm sorry Keith I might fail you."

Keith embraced Lance warmly into a hug. He didn't know what his feelings were for this tan boy but he knows he wants Lance in his life. He wants him to stay with him now and forever.

Both of them fell asleep in each other's embrace feeling safe, and protected in each other. Both the boys have found a home in each other and they never wanna let go of it.

In the morning both of them practiced on Lance's techniques on transforming into animals. It was time for him to find his groove back it was time for Lance to be Lance.

They celebrated each time Lance got something right and Keith would keep encouraging Lance even if he got it wrong. He finally mastered his hook once more.