Red

These rumours have been going around for a while now. Everyone says i'm weird, that i'm a freak. My friends certainly thought so which is why they left me. But Kate, my pen pal from Canada understands me though, and believes me when i say that Mr Krotzcher, my Geography teacher is a Vampire. Nobody else does because 'Vampires don't exist' and 'Im crazy' But this is no joke...he really is.

It was Wednesday and i was in school late because i had an extra Maths class. The corridor was deserted with no-one around. I needed to get my Chemistry textbook from my form room, so i made my way there. I could hear voices and when i reached up to look through the glass, i saw Mr Krotzcher and the Receptionist Sue talking. Mr Krotzcher was a tall, slim man in his late thirties from Russia. He isn't everyones favourite and they all call him 'Red' because he always drinks this red juice in class and tells us that it's specially imported from Russia. I was just about to knock, but i couldn't help but eavesdrop on their conversation. Mr Krotzcher was asking Sue out to dinner. He knew very well that she has had a crush on him for weeks now which made her reply quite obvious. Something wasn't right though. The weird thing was that Tom claimed he saw Mr Krotzcher with his girlfriend last night. If this was true, then why was he asking Sue out? I mean even if they did break up yesterday it's not normal to start a new relationship the next day is it? No, somethings amiss but i just don't know what! 

They started walking towards the door and i quickly hid inbetween the lockers. They were holding hands and laughing but something in his voice told you he didn't mean it. My instincts told me that something wasn't right, and i that i should follow them. I had no idea where this would lead me, but this was a risk i was willing to take. They got into his car and drove to a restaurant not far from school. I followed on my bike, and they went in to have dinner so i sat outside and waited. It began to get dark. Mum would get worried so i decided i would call it a night in hope that my suspicion is wrong. Just at that moment the entrance door to the restaurant opened and out they came. I could hear them talking. Sue said "Dinner was lovely John" Mr Krotzcher smiled a freakish smile. Sue then continued to say "...well i'd better go it's getting late" The smile instantly vanished from his face and he replied by saying "How can i let you go alone, i'll drop you home" Sue agreed, with little awareness of what was about to happen.

Sue didn't live far from the restaurant so it took roughly 15 minutes to get to her home. I kept a distance and could just about make out what they were saying. Sue said "Goodnight John, see you tomorrow" and made her way to her doorstep, when suddenly Mr Krotzcher grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him. He whispered something in her ear, and she giggled. A kiss followed. Maybe he is genuine i thought. Maybe i'm just overreacting. They hugged straight after and at that moment i saw what i would have never imagined. Mr Krotzcher had fangs! I thought my eyes were decieving me but they weren't. I knew that what was about to follow would not be good, and i was right! Mr Krotzcher went for Sue's neck. At first she giggled but it soon turned into a scream when he stuck his fangs in her neck and began to suck her blood. Sue continued to scream and struggle until her head dropped on his shoulder. I began to panick... I didn't know what to do. If i didn't try and stop him now, Sue could die. I picked up a rather large rock from beside me and threw it in his direction. Sue then instantly dropped to the floor as Mr Krotzcher looked up in my direction with blood dripping from his mouth, he looked like a monster. I hid myself in the bushes, and when i peaked back in their direction,he was gone.

Without thinking i ran to see if Sue had managed to survive and she barely did. She was unconscious. I picked her up from the ground and carried her to her doorstep. I searched for her keys in her bag and used them to open the door. I placed her on the couch and treated her neck in order to stop the bleeding, and this is when i saw  two clear fang marks on her neck. Seeing the marks made everything seem much more real. Mr Krozcher really is  a ...Vampire?... Then it hit me. That red drink he always drinks in class, It's blood isn't it? Oh My God it all makes sense now. I was in shock...i didn't know what to think, how could this all be real? I let myself out and began to make my way home, still digesting the events that had just occurred. I heard rustling in the trees and looked up to see what looked like a black crow. 'That's weird' i thought, but i didn't think much of it.

The streets were dark and bare so i picked up my pace. I felt uncomfortable...like someone was watching or following me. I turned around but nothing, the streets were empty. Just at that moment, someone or something tapped me on my shoulder. My heart began to pound  as i turned around to see Mr Krotzcher stand before me with blood dripping from his fangs. It was then that i realised that it was not a crow that i had seen earlier in the tree, but was Mr Krotzcher in his Bat form following me. "Jessica" he said in a bloodcurdling voice  which sent chills down my spine. "You shouldn't have interrupted me" he continued. I began to run, i didn't know where, all i knew was that i had to get away. After a few minutes i looked back and he wasn't anywhere to be found. 'I lost him' i thought as i sighed with relief. I turned back in front of me and...and to my dismay, there he stood staring at me with his bloodshot eyes. There was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, i was trapped. He smirked and i knew something bad was coming. He snarled in my face like an animal with his terribly sharp fangs and suddenly, there was a BANG! Something hit me on the head and before i knew it i was on the ground... motionless, lying unconscious.