Not Like Everyone Else (2)

as requested by @SyrofoamCups thank you for validating my existence.  (Y/F/N) = your full name.

    I had my hands my hands wrist deep in a large batch of bread dough when my mother stormed into our beautiful kitchen. My parents loathed that I enjoyed baking and cooking but they couldn't keep me out. It was very therapeutic to knead bread dough and imagine it as my infuriating mother's face.

  "Can you explain to me why Nico Di Angelo is asking for you?!" she said through gritted teeth, her face a livid red.

  "You know I've never been allowed to even see him so you tell me," I shrugged, still busily working flour into my dough.

  "Do not give me that tone, (Y/N)," she hissed back over the dinging over a timer for the oven.

  "I'm simply stating facts; I don't know why Mr. Di Angelo is asking for me," I said, whipping my hands then whisking over to the oven to remove the 3 layers of a lemon cake I had started.

  "Why must you insist on baking like a servant, can't you be happy with gossiping with our sisters," my mother sighed as she watched my pull the cakes out.

  "I do not like to spread lies and my sisters would rather I bake than have to see me," I said cooly, carefully sliding the cakes out of their tins. I heard my mother sigh heavily again then turn heel and march out of the kitchen. I rolled my eyes putting my cakes on a rack, my head not fully in it.

  I turned back to my bread while the layers cooled, and started mindlessly kneading it. What did Nico think would happen if he came here? He knew full well that I was the last thing on my parent's list of priorities if I was even on it. They almost certainly not allow him to court me not even if he paid them. Well, maybe if he paid them, but why would he do that? Voice drifted to my ears as I cleaned my hands again to make the frosting.

  "...It's no problem Mrs. (L/N)..." a male voice said politly

  "...not avalible for vistors..." replied what sounded like my mother's voice.

  "...Just a minute..." the male voice replied, near the kitchen door. The doors swung open and Nico stepped through, my mother standing behind him with a resentful look on her face.

  "Good day, Miss (Y/F/N)," Nico smiled, bowing shallowly.

  "And to you, Mr. Di Angelo," I smiled, "what can I do for you on this lovely afternoon?"

  "I've come to request that you join me for a walk in the park this evening," He asked very formally but could tell by the gleam in his dark eyes that he was completely comfortable.

  "That wo-" my mother started but I cut in.

  "I'd love to, when shall you return?"

  "When the clock strikes 6 I shall be waiting," he grinned, bowed again, then was gone. My mother stood furiously just outside the door, her face almost turning purple.

------Time Skip to 6----------

  Despite fuming over my accepting Nico and also the fact that he even asked me my mother fused endlessly over my appearance. I also had to artfully dodge all her questions about how he knew me. 

  "Calm down, mother," I said, swatting her hands and walking into the magnificent entryway of our house.

  "I don't know what in heavens he could possibly want with you but you will look perfect," my mother replied, reaching up to fix my already perfect hair.

  "I don't want to look perfect, what fun what that be?" I dodged out of reach as the clock started to chime. "Would you look at that, it's 6."

  "Now, (Y/N), we haven't gon over the proper ways to act and reply to him," my mother sighed like I was the problem.