Chapter One

"It's me, Sam. I'm here." Jason exclaims a flutter of excitement rises in his chest. The moment he had waited five years for was finally here. Making eye contact with Sam, Jason could sense something was wrong. It was her, but it wasn't her. She was a shell of her former self. Wondering if it was the night before events or something more, Jason slowly moves into the room. He wants to take care of her, he wants to make everything better, but he's unsure if it's his job anymore.

"It's you; you're real. Last night was real." Sam cries, shifting in her bed, wiping her sweaty palms off on the bed; She looks at Jason, tears in her eyes. "It wasn't a dream?" Choking on her words, Sam lifts herself up, closes her eyes and cries. "I've dreamed of you a million times, of that face; you always disappeared in the morning." Feeling overwhelmed, Sam shakes in disbelief, refusing to open her eyes. She recalls the events from the night before in her mind.

"Don't cry; I'm here! I'm real. I'm Jason." Hurrying himself to her side, Jason stares at her. To him, she looked so different, yet the same; she was the same woman he fell in love with, he could see that in her eyes, but there was something else there. Something he didn't recognize, yet. Examining her, Jason familiarized himself with Sam's old features and memorized her new ones. Captivated by her absolute beauty, Jason slides his hand on top of Sam's, causing her heart monitor to beep stronger and louder. Trying to understand what her life is now, how this was Jason when Jason just left; Sam cries harder.

Connecting with each other, Jason realizes Carly was right. He needed to see Sam; she needed to see him. Opening her eyes, Sam realizes the truth she's been running from for the past two years. The man that just left her room was not Jason. Everything she had doubted about the imposter, was explained by Jason's presence. Connected in a place with no words, their eyes tell each other everything that is needed to be known; Everything 5 years took from them.

"Sam," Squeezing her hand tighter, Jason holds her name in his chest.

"Who are you?" A voice from the door echoes.

Entranced by each other, Sam and Jason don't realize Danny is at the door watching them. Shifting his gaze, Jason makes eye contact with Danny. With his son. Taking one look at Danny, Jason knows. He knows that is his son. That is his Daniel Edward. Danny was everything Jason has imagine his son with Sam would be; down to the curly blond hair and his big doughy brown eye.

"Danny." Jason releases Danny's name instead of Sam's.

Staring in disbelief, Sam marvels at her two men, finally together as father and son. Wiping tears away, Sam beams at Jason and Danny.

Since finding out Danny's true paternity, Sam has wished for only one thing; for Danny to know Jason's love and to know now, he would, caused Sam's heart to sing tunes of love.

"You're Danny, right?" Inching closer, Jason couldn't resist the pull of their son. He wanted to be closer to him, to be closer to them both. Remembering their last encounter together as a family, Jason smiles; his heart feels with happiness, and he yearns for that feeling again. He wants home again.

"Right," Danny says with a smile on his face.

Danny's smile makes Jason smile. It's subtle, simple and just like his, Jason notices.

Feeling overwhelming joy, love, sadness, regret, and guilt, Jason stares at Danny, mostly marveling at Danny's boldness. Sam stares at them both unsure of what comes next.

"Right, um um um I'm a friend of your mom. I remember your uncle that she named you after." Holding back from telling Danny what's in his heart, Jason rocks back and forth, trying to explain who he is without explaining who he is. Not knowing what Sam believes or what she wants, Jason looks to a silent Sam. Unable to speak a word since Jason touched her, Sam stares. She doesn't know what to say or where to start; seeing Danny with his father only makes it harder for her to find her voice. She wants to scream "HE IS YOUR SON! HE WAS NEVER FRANCO'S" she can't, the words are lodged deep in her throat, refusing to be set free.