I'm L's Daughter. Plain and Simple.

It was a stormy night. The silent pitter patter of the pouring rain sounded on my window. I sat alone in my bedroom, well not my bed room. I guess you could call it my "room" with my belongings in it. Because well, I'm not really in my house. I'm in a huge office building with plenty of rooms and I'm here often. So, when you think about it could technically be my bedroom considering I'm here more then my bed room at home. As for the office building, it's the biggest building in the city my dad works here. I'm pretty sure my dad bought it actually.

Well, I have a secret for you. You can't tell anyone OKAY? My dad....Is L. That's right, no joke! My dad is the worlds greatest detective L! I get to be the proud owner of the last name Lawliet. And I know your thinking, WAIT?! L HAS A DAUGHTER?! HE HAS A WIFE?! WHAA?! So I'll clarify for you. Yep, My dad L fell in love with Emmiki Tarui, She was the worlds 2nd greatest detective, Pretty ironic. But, My mom did more than sit on computers all day like L, She liked to move around much more and getting her hands dirty.

Anyway,  they fell and love and they made me you know how that all works. When they found out I was on the way L secretly purposed to her and they were secretly engaged. For the sake of her life since they were still active in the Kira case. That didn't last long though, Kira found out about this secret relationship and decided that he could use this against L. Kira was envious because he had fallen deep in love with my mom, so he took out his trusty notebook. The sad part is, my dad always considered Kira his friend, well the man who claimed the secret title of Kira.

After Kira did his work, My mom got very sick about 8 &1/2 months in. It got worse and worse and yes, Kira made her sick with the stupid book called Deathnote. If you know the rules, You can give someone a sickness of disease but it will take time to kill them, so that's what he used. So...the outcome of this was?

My mom died giving birth to me.

Baka Kira completely devastated L. L still used the name my Mom wanted for me though and I'm pretty sure he would enjoy calling me this, Keki, Keki Lawliet is my name! I guess I should have told you this before I started story telling. Oh, for clarification for all you English speakers, Keki means Cake in Japanese. YES, L loves his cake doesn't he?!

L took care of me mostly by himself, but had help from Watari. He was excellent father, teaching me outrageous things that I don't think is really natural. Once I was old enough, I was brought to the task force headquarters and the news was shared that I was his, If I may say, Wonderful daughter! To the task force I'm L's daughter but to anyone else I'm L's Niece. I don't care, I know he loves me more than anything. He always says that I look so much like my mother.

Back to the story I was telling before, I am 5 years old and sitting my headquarters room. The cameras red lights are on bright, sort-of annoying being watched but I learned to ignore it. I walk over the window wondering where Daddy is. He usually comes in around now for my lessons.

I wait a little longer and I decide to go search for him. I walk out my room into the corridor. My instincts telling me to head upstairs so I ascend to the top floor. As I walk around the corner. I see Light-kun and Daddy walking in soaking wet. They grab towels and start drying off. They seem to be conversing. I can't hear very well.

Daddy walks over and kneels and Light's feet and starts drying them. Kinda weird, but I'm used to his weird actions. They start talking again then start heading towards me. I quickly dash into the closet and wait in till' the foot steps stop. When It's silent, I walk out and head for the lobby.

When I get there, L is sitting in her usually position at his computer and Light is standing behind him. I walk out and instantly I hear someone call my name. "Oh! Keki! Hello!!" It's Matsuda, he always treats me like a baby kid. I guess I am one, but he treats me like an useless baby,  I'm older than that! "Hello Matsuda", I greet then turn away. "Hey Ki", Light says coolly. "Hia light!", I say embracing him. I always liked Light.