Chapter 34

Hey guys, there's not going to be too many chapters left!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 34

       I watched with a small pout as Eirik turned to climb off the large bed, the bare muscles of his back flashing daringly across my vision. He had only been back for a couple of hours, but was already forcing both of us awake.

       Not that I minded watching his half-naked body walk around the room. I blushed at the thought and curled my fingers into the blankets still draped around my waist.

       He only wore black cotton shorts to sleep, and I could tell he did it for my benefit alone. If watching him continuously toss, and turn, and throw the blankets on and off all night was anything to go by. My gaze followed him in awe, watched as his skin tightened and pulled over various muscles with every movement. It should be a sin to be that beautiful.

       "You look like him." I hadn't meant to say the thought out loud, and regretted the words as soon as they passed my lips. My cheeks stained a bright, dangerous red as he turned to me with one dark eyebrow raised.

       "Like who?"

       I kept my eyes focused at anything but his. I gulped, my palms sweating nervously as the ruby warmed against my chest. Would it be weird to admit he looked almost exactly like the other man I had been dreaming of? Of the one my heart seemed to beat nearly as ecstatic for as it did for Eirik?

       "Uh, um..." I sat up nervously, and ran a shaky hand through my long, dark hair, my cheeks hot with nerves. I caught a glimpse of his lips pulling into a small smile, his blue eyes flashing against the pale light of dawn.

       "Adranus?" He chuckled, and I glanced over at him long enough to see the light slowly fade from those blue eyes. "He is, technically, a part of me. I suppose it would be natural for us to look alike."

       That made sense, of course it would, but I was just surprised at the calm, almost bored manner, he seemed to take on the subject. "I am curious though," He started softly, those strong, warm hands of his pulling a plain, black shirt over his handsome head. "How you know what he looks like." The light in his eyes were back, but it was more sneaky than anything.

       "Are you remembering a past life, my Emrie? Or, maybe, receiving interesting little visions?"

       I bit my lip and glanced away as that large body of his leaned causally against the wall beside the bed, his bright gaze staring unwaveringly down at me. "I don't... I don't really know."

       Which wasn't a lie. Just because I was dreaming of the god, didn't make the visions real. They could possibly not look anything alike, and I was just portraying Eirik as him for my heart's benefit.

       "Hm..." His voice was low, but his tone came out as a mocking thoughtfulness, one that didn't settle easily in my stomach. I glared at him as he leaned off the wall and walked over to the large wardrobe on the other side of the room.

       "Aeyron, Delos, and I will be busy searching the Mountain today. Terif and the others will be around if you need them, or me."

       I watched with a small frown as he grabbed those signature black pants from the drawer and turn towards the bath chambers. "North..." I called softly as he opened the door and stepped in. He paused and turned back to look at me with those bright blues.