5

-Titus-

"Yes they're Moon Twins." She said confidently. "Twins conceived and then also born during a full moons, they are identical in every way, they share everything including an amniotic sac, so of course they would also share Mates."

"While I respect and care for my wife...I had a Mate in Maggie." I voiced a little agitated. "Also, Everest had her own Mate as well."

Lydia Pruitt nodded her head, "I don't doubt that you each cared for another deeply, and your wolves may have felt a Mates pull toward them, but for Moon twins they again...share everything so Maggie could easily have you as a Mate as well as the other young man Everest found, and the same for Everest, she found her mate and yet she had also had no problem with being your Mate."

I couldn't wrap my head around what she was saying. Everyone knows there's only one mate for each Were, it was unfathomable to think I could be the mate of both Maggie and Everest.

"Thinking back on it now I would even wager that you and Everest may even be true Mates as in She was suppose to have been your mate and not Magnolia."

At this I pounded my fist against the desk in anger. "Do not presume to tell me what I felt with Maggie...I loved her."

Everest reached out and covered my clenched fist with her own soft hand gently, It helped to ease my tension and I eased up a bit as I allowed my fingers to lace with hers, now holding her hand as a small form of my own silent thanks.

"I do not doubt that you loved our Maggie Titus dear, but think about it...as Mates you get the pull to want to be with each other constantly, always touching one another, opening up so easily, practically ripping each others clothes off at any given moment...and while I watched you with Maggie everything was beautiful and sweet...but you two had no problems living apart for many years even after you two had found each other, you both held hands and kissed occasionally but you two were always rather reserved...just being in this room for this short time, even I can see how you both are unable to keep from touching each other." She pointed out.

I looked over at our hand comfortably heolding one anothers...it didn't seem like anything major, just Everest and I holding hands.

"Tell me, do you feel the mates tingles, can you feel what the other is feeling, do you call to each others wolves?"

I knew the answer to all of those were yes.

She smiled a knowing smile. "And seeing that you've marked your wife the Bond has only begun to strengthen what was lying dormant before...you two if I may say so are so stubborn, you've felt so strongly for other people despite not having any of the defining mates traits present...and even though you care for each other you're still holding onto to the previous loves...once you let them go completely you'll find that everything else will follow."

"I've surrendered myself completely to my husband." Everest sounded confidently, and in fact she had.

She was the one who rejected Caleb, she was the one who chose to be a proper wife to me even given the circumstances, she's the one who has had to put up with the memory of Maggie every day since coming here and still gave herself to me completely when she took my mark.

I was the one who couldn't let go.

"Th-this is all too...surreal." I said as I let go of Everest's hand. "If you've come to speak about alliances I'm afraid it will have to wait, stay as long as you'd like...I'm sure Everest has a lot of questions." I said as I nodded my head, "if you will all excuse me."

I walked out of the office, I couldn't look back because I would see Everest's face and know she was feeling exactly as I was.

But with every step away from my office my wolf whimpered, I could feel Everest was scared and felt alone now, she was also sad. I had to fight tooth and nail to not run back in there but I needed a run to clear my mind.

__________

-Everest-

I sat in the leather chair and stared at the now closed door, I felt so alone here with these people I had only just met. My wolf whined to go and comfort Titus.

I felt so forlorn as I watched him struggle with himself before he left but also rather glum and verging on depressed at him not accepting me as a Mate.

When I heard Luna Pruitt's words I had to admit they were shocking of course, but when she mentioned the tingles and the urge to constantly be around one another...I had been feeling these things since I first arrived and I know he had to (although he'd never admit it).

The first time we talked he (though demonstrating the effect of touching me with a Mate) he had caressed my face, he could've simple touched my arm or tried to take my hand, but he had picked a more intimate form of touch.

And after the revealing, the way he took hold of my waist and held my hand as he walked us to the the ceremony outside.

Even mating that night, yes we were ordered to Mate, but there was romance and passion there, I never had these things with Caleb, and I wrote it off as Caleb being a human. But maybe he wasn't super drawn to me because his true Mate was Maggie and not me?

"I'm sure you have quite a bit of information swirling in your head darlin'." Alpha Pruitt sounded, pulling me from my train of thoughts.

I nodded and finally I couldn't hold it in any longer, I felt as a warm tears trickled down my face.

I laid my head on my arms and let everything out, it was all too much to handle, the confusion mixed with the shame of knowing that I had slept with not only Caleb but also Titus, one of which happens to be my long lost twin sister's Mate, the melancholy feel of being rejected by Titus all of a sudden and the extreme embarrassment of behaving like a crybaby instead of a Luna all crashed down around me in front of these complete strangers.

An Alpha and Luna no less.

"I apologize." I said as I grabbed some Kleenex and cleaned my face as best I could. "As strange as this all is...you don't know how much I hope and wish it is all true." I sniffled, "I know that sounds selfish of me but I've always wanted to know my mother, and what Were doesn't hope to find and be with their mate?"

The tears were welling up once more,

"I think your husband needs some time to think things through Luna Graystone." Alpha Pruitt spoke, "if you could arrange to have a room set up for us, my Luna and I would be happy to stay as long as you'd like us to."

I nodded, and smiled...I was thankful for his kind and respectful approach at trying to remain professional even given my very unprofessional melt down only two minutes ago.

"If you would both follow me I'm sure Phyllis would be honored to help find more than comfortable accommodations for you here."

With a deep breath I opened the office doors and found Evan standing there.

"Luna Graystone." He said with a bow of his head, knowing he could tell I had been crying he didn't make any mention of it as he awaited my requests.

"Please inform Phyllis that Alpha and Luna Pruitt will be staying with us."

Once again he bowed his head and asked the Pruitt's to follow him.

My wolf and I desperately wanted to search for Titus, but I knew he also needed his space to work this out.

I didn't want him to feel pressured in any way and try and only do something because he thinks it's what I want, because being the gentleman that he is he wll put my happiness first.

I walked into my old quarters and found Heidi getting ready to leave.

"We need to talk." I said as I closed and locked the door behind me.