Chapter 11: Idiot's Array

Mako was sitting at a table at a cantina with Zeb and Chopper as her eyebrow twitch, Chopper grumbles at Zeb, "Yeah, like I'm going to let a droid tell me on how to play Sabacc. I'm in." Zeb states as he tosses in his credits, Chopper groans, hitting his head against his head against the table "Tell me, how did I let you talk me into this?" she questions, Leto nuzzled his head against her cheek, she smiles at him.

Kadan sat at the bar, "Hey, it doesn't have to be a big job, Joe. Just something to put fuel in the Ghost and food in our bellies." Kadan informs the bartender, "Sorry Kadan, got nothing. But the stranger playing with Zeb over there said he was looking to hire a ship and crew, go talk to him." Joe informs him and Kadan pays him. The stranger did the same as he threw his credits in as well. The Rodian that was playing with them, gave up and forfeited the game, Zeb smirks. "Guess it's down to you and me." he states as Kadan walks over to them, "Except... it seems I'm all out of credits." he states and Chopper grumbles, Mako scoffs "You can say that again." Mako agrees with him. Leto crawls back into the satchel and naps as Zeb looks over at the two. "So, I'll bet my droid and lady friend here." Zeb throws in and the three look at him, "What?!" Mako exclaim as Chopper hated that as well.

"Whoa! You can't bet Chopper and Mako, they're-" Kadan states, but Zeb shows him his cards and Kadan whistles, "You see, I can't lose and you know we need the credits." Zeb informs him, "Right." Kadan couldn't help but agree, then looks at the two. "Kadan! You can't be serious." Mako questions. "You got to pull Mako out of the bet." Kadan tells him, but Zeb shook his head, "I can't, once I offered, there are no take backs." Zeb informs him and Kadan growls, "If you lose this, I won't be happy. Do it." Kadan tells him, "What!?" Mako questions as Chopper questions them as well. "So, do we have a bet?" Zeb asks the stranger. The stranger laughs, "We do." he agrees and Mako wracks her nails into the table. "Sabacc," Zen said as he shows his cards and then laughs.

"I win." Zeb tells him and Mako exhales with relief as Zeb went to collect his winnings, but the stranger stops him, "Not so fast. It appears I have an idiot's array." he informs him and tosses his cards onto the table, Chopper grumbles hitting his head against the table as Mako gasp. Zeb lost, big time. "And that makes you, well..." the stranger states and Zeb growls at him, "And what does that make you?" he questions him, daring him to finish the sentence. "The name's Calrissian. Lando Calrissian, now please introduce me to my new droid and lovey companion." Lando asks him and Zeb looks over, seeing both Mako and Kadan glaring at him.

~8~8~8~

They return to Ghost seeing the rest of the crew testing the speeder, Chopper grumbles in anger, "Glad to know I'm not the only one." Mako growls as well. "Hi," Zeb said weakly as Chopper and Mako walk pass then and Leo walks over to Mako, trying to calm her down. "I can explain," Zeb tells her like a child knowing that their mother would get angry with them. "Explain what?" she asks him, "Hera. Sabine, Leo, Ezra. This is Lando Calrissian, he needs a fast ship to move past the Imperial blockade of Lothal." Kadan informs them as Lando bows to them and Ezra's eyes him.

"Yes. For some reason, this planet has an unusually large Imperial presence." Lando states and smirks at him, Kadan grins nervously as he rubs the back of his head and Leo looks at Lando, knowing that he was up to something. "But are you sure you can get this vessel pass the blockade. Captain... Hera was it?" Lando asks her as he plays the smooth card. "It is. And the Ghost can mask both its signal and signature, we'll get you pass the blockade, what's the cargo." Hera asks him, "I was told no questions asked." Lando informs her. "That's fine, which will cost more," Hera informs him. "Kadan and I already settle on a price, but I assumed he acquires your approval," Lando informs her. "He doesn't." Hera informs him, "Excellent." Lando states as he and Kadan shook hands and Kadan smiles at Hera. "When the job's done, you'll be paid handsomely and as agreed, I'll return your droid and companion back to you," Lando informs him.