Chapter 9: Gathering Forces

The Ghost flies out of the orbit of Lothal as the Tie-fighters followed them, firing at them, "Chopper, I'm rolling at starboard, be ready to fire!" Hera shouts after the Inquisitor shouts at them. Zeb stumbles through the hall to the gunner seat. But found Chopper laying on the ground, short-circuited and offline. "Karabass! Chopper's down!" Zeb states then put out the fire on the panel. "I got you cover, Hera!" Zeb informs her as she took a seat.

"Roll away," Zeb tells her and she did so, Zeb fires at the Tie-fighters and took one out. Then more came in, "Open fire. Their shields will not hold indifferently." The Inquisitor informs them and fires at their ship, making the ship rumble a little. "Sabine, I need you in the top gunner now!" Hera shouts over the comm. Sabine looks at the two, "Didn't you hear Hera?" Ezra questions her, "Did you hear Zembo? He said he knows what happened to your parents." Sabine questions him, "I already know what happened to them. They're dead, so go." Ezra tells her. Then she takes off. And Ezra shook Zembo's shoulders, "Are they, are my parents dead?" he questions as Mako pulls out of Ka's hold and grips her shoulders. "You can't be serious? What do you mean my parents are still alive?!" Mako question shook her shoulders.

Hera dodges the incoming blasts, "Someone wants to explain to me why we're extra popular tonight?" Hera questions. "We pick up two passengers, the Rodian and the Cathar the Imperials are hunting." Leo answers her, she looks at him as he flicks a few switches, "And they're important because..." she questions, he looks at her, "Because, their cybernetic implants have downloaded half the Imperial's secrets." he answers her again. She nods, "Okay, I can see how that's important. Let's get them out of here." Hera tells them as Kadan and Sabine fire out the tie-fighters.

"The Bridgers should hide! The troopers came, took Mirera and Afron Bridger away!" Zembo informs Ezra and he shook the rodian's shoulders, "Where?! Where did they take them?" Ezra questions as Ka grips her head and shook it making Mako let go, "The Firebreathers didn't listen to me, I warned them, I warned them that the Imperials were getting suspense, but they came and they took them away!" Ka said as she was reliving the memory. "What do you mean they took them?! Where were they taken?!" Mako shouts at her, Zembo hung his head, "Forgive Zembo. Forgive him." he begs Ezra as Ka shook her head, "Forgive me, Mako." Ka begs her, "Forgive you?!" Mako and Ezra question the Rodian and Cathar as their anger rose. "I am so sorry Mako, I failed you, I failed your parents, I was supposed to raise you. But I was afraid." Ka tells her as she hung her head in shame. "Zembo failed. Zembo was afraid, Zembo could not raise Ezra Bridger." Zembo confess to him, "Coward! You could have prevented this! Why didn't you prevent my parents' death?!" Mako shouts at her as tears welled up in her eyes. "Coward! You could have stopped them, but why didn't you stop them?!" Ezra questions him. But then the devices on their heads started up again. "Zembo!" Ezra shouts at the same time Mako shouts, "KA!"

"Shields down! Ezra, Mako! I need you in the cockpit now!" Hera shouts over the comm. "Yeah, on our way!" Ezra shouts and Mako lets go of Ka, "Forgive you? You come and tell me my parents are still alive after 8 long years? They trusted you, Ka. But you failed them as you failed me. I can never forgive you for the damage you have done." Mako tells her, "Forgive you? My parents trusted you and you failed me, I'll never forgive you for that." Ezra tells Zembo and the two make their way to the cockpit, leaving the two mindless technicians in the commons.

~8~8~8~

The Tie-fighters fired at the Ghost, "Quench ship." the Inquisitor states as he then fires a tracking beacon on the ship.

Leo and Hera were trying to put out the smoke with their hands as Ezra and Mako arrived into the cockpit. "Ezra, Mako. Nav computer's offline, with Chopper down, I need you to fix it." Hera informs them. "Not exactly my specialty," Ezra informs her as Mako was already down and underneath the counsel, trying to rewire it. "Well, make it our specialty and make it fast." Hera snaps at him and Ezra joins Mako as Hera then looks back at the two star destroyers. "Or this ship will become a real Ghost," she warns them.