Part 40

It literally pains me to say that but this story is slowly coming to an end. There will only be a few more chapters, but...

"Derek?", Stiles spoke up when they drove home from school. "Huh?", he was still exhausted from the events, but happy to be with Stiles. "I just... you said you 'went home' earlier", Stiles reminded. "So?", Derek asked confused "I searched you at your home". "No, you said it like it was your home", Stiles said and Derek felt uncomfortable when he realised that Stiles was right. What if he didn't want him to call it like that? "Look I am sorry, Stiles", Derek said "I just... I have been living there for quite some time with you and I guess that home is the place where the people you love are at and..." "Derek, I didn't want to offend you", Stiles smiled "I was actually really happy that you call my home your home". Derek released a breath and smiled at him too. The car got to a hold in front of their home and Stiles leant over to him. "Were you really nervous about that?", Stiles asked and Derek raised his brows at him. "Of course I was. Maybe you don't want me to live here and just want me as a guest", he shrugged. "Are you kidding me?", Stiles laughed "I love to have you around. If you haven't noticed, I can't even sleep without you by my side". Derek kissed him softly and whispered a quiet 'thank you' but Stiles heard it tho. They got out of the car and headed towards the door with linked hands. They didn't even have time to get out the key when the sheriff ripped the door open with a worried smile on his face. Without hesitation he pulled Derek in his arms. "I'm so glad you're alright, son",  the sheriff said and Stiles had tears in his eyes at the words his father directed at Derek. Derek was startled at first but hugged back and smiled when he heard what the sheriff said. The sheriff let him go and Stiles immediatly took Derek's hand again. Derek looked from their joined hands to Stiles and then to the sheriff. He must admit he was a little scared in the moment. "What is happening here?", the sheriff tried to sound as angry as he could muster in the given situation. Derek's eyes got wide and he got maybe a little pale, but took  a step in front of Stiles anyway, the protect instinct kicking in. "Dad, stop that. He just woke up from a coma, I don't want him to fall into another one", Stiles shook his head smiling. "Saw a chance and took it", the sheriff laughed. Stiles then looked at a very confused looking Derek and added "he knows about us". "And you are okay with me dating your son?", Derek asked quiet but serious. This was rather important to him. "I see that you really like him", the sheriff started but was interrupted by Derek. "I love him, sir", he corrected and the sheriff smiled at him. "First of all, don't sir me, Derek. I actually have a name, it's Noah", he stated laughing then got serious "You saved his life out there tonight. I am more than okay with the two of you dating". "Thanks dad", Stiles smiled happily. "Thank you, si-...", Derek said but saw the look on the sheriff's face "Noah". "Stiles, take your boyfriend to bed, he looks like he got hit by a truck", Noah said "and no I don't mind if you sleep in the same bed as you have done it behind my back the last few weeks anyway". "Sorry", Stiles actually had the manners to look at least a little guilty. "Go to bed", Noah shook his head laughing. Stiles pulled Derek at their interwined hands up the stairs to his room - or was it their room already? He closed the door behind him and Derek sat down on the bed exhausted. "Okay, sourwolf. Take off your clothes and get under the covers, I want to sleep with you", Stiles exclaimed and turned around to look at Derek raising his eyebrows at him "I mean literally, Derek. In the most unsexy of ways. I haven't slept last night because I was so worried about you, my head aches from crying and I really just want to lie in your arms and fall asleep". "Thank god, we're both in no condition to have sex", Derek laughed. "Are you kidding me? I am seventeen and did you look at yourself? I could have been awake for six days straight and still be able to have sex with you", Stiles smirked "but right now I really have the priority of sleep". Derek smiled at him, stood up and came over to pull him into his arms then sniffed the air. "Why does it reek of Scott and Isaac in here?", he wondered. "They slept on the floor. Didn't want to leave me alone for the night, not that it helped", Stiles shrugged. "I'm sorry I worried you", Derek whispered. "I am sorry you ended up in a coma because you saved me", Stiles whispered back. "I would still do it again", Derek said "I healed, that's what matters". Stiles pulled away from him and looked quizically. "No you didn't", he stated sadly "you dont know, right?" "Don't know what?", Derek asked confused "I can't remember anything since Kate slashed my throat". "You may want to sit down", Stiles guided Derek back to the bed "you know after you got nearly killed and everyone was out too, Kate was ready to kill me, but i was saved". "By Scott?", Derek asked. "By Peter", Stiles told him. "Peter?", Derek looked surprised. "Yeah, actually he killed Kate", Stiles went on. "So he is an alpha again?", Derek looked rather worried now "what has all this to do with me healing or not healing?" "Well, you see... Deaton send us away so you could rest after he gave you some herbs or else. But, as Deaton told me, Peter refused to leave. He held your hand and you took your pain away until you started to heal. Until he wasn't an alpha anymore", Stiles finished and Derek looked a little like he was going to cry. "Peter gave up being an alpha to save me?", he asked just to be sure. "He did", Stiles smiled and stroked Derek's cheek with his thumb. "That's...wow", was the only thing he could say. "He told me that you were his only family and that he was just trying to protect you", Stiles added and Derek just nodded. "I think I need sleep, much sleep", he eventually said and Stiles nodded. They both got under the covers, Stiles in Derek's arms and fell asleep in no time at all.

...but I am planning on a sequel already! It will contain mpreg so if any of you don't like that just stick with this book and ignore the sequel. As for anyone who'd like to read it I would be very happy. As soon as I got it figured out I'll tell you the name of the sequel. Thanks for your support, nice words and for reading. It makes me so happy. Love you guys ❤