{17} "Let's eat then."

Meghan

Meghan

I don't think I've ever hated a waitress as much as I do right in this moment. She's just standing there, notepad in hand and patiently waiting for our orders as if she hadn't just interrupted my almost-kiss with the guy sitting next to me. I think my anger was radiating off of me because I felt Sebastian place his hand on my knee and give it a reassuring squeeze, which as welcome as it was, did absolutely nothing to keep me from glaring at the girl and wishing the ground would open up and swallow the bitch whole.

Breathe, Meg. Just breathe, my inner voice said.

"We could share something," Sebastian said as he turned to look at me. The smile that was spread across his face turned me into a puddle, all of the tension that was locking me into place evaporated the second I met his gaze. I nodded, giving him a smile in return, it almost felt like it was just the two of us. That is until-

"Excuse me? I have other customers," she said impatiently. I swear I saw Sebastians eye twitch in annoyance before he turned to face the girl and rolled his eyes.

"We'll take an order of your strawberry and banana pancakes, two eggs sunny-side-up, bacon and hash browns," he said closing the menu up and handing it back to, I looked at her name tag, Becca.

Stupid Becca, with her stupid timing and her stupid face.

"Dear God, Meg. If she hears you she'll definitely spit in our food," his laugh echoed through the diner and I looked up at him wide-eyed.

"Did I say that out loud?" I asked and he nodded, trying extremely hard to contain his laughter. My cheeks heated up and I dropped my head onto my hands. "That's so embarrassing," I mumbled, shaking my head from side to side.

 "That's so embarrassing," I mumbled, shaking my head from side to side

03:17 PM

Me: Thank you for breakfast :')

03:19 PM

Seb: Anytime baby girl

03:19 PM